Just some future ideas I think would be fun

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Vaelen

Just some future ideas I think would be fun

Post by Vaelen »

Since there has been more news of an upcoming Suikoden game, I've been on a Suikoden binge as of late (I'm playing through all the games chronologically -- just finishing 4 [and on a sidenote it wasn't really as bad as I remember it to be, though I still think Lazlo looks are a bit off]). And while I've lurked on this site and these forums for probably years, I'm finally deciding on posting for once.

Since there is a lot of things that aren't for certain on characters throughout the games (or course I've never played Tactics, Tierkris, or any of the side games, just the 1-5, so some of my information might be inaccurate) - such as Windy possibly being alive.

I think it would be neat to have Windy return, possibly figure out some sort of Sindar secret, and end up killing Leknaat and finally taking control over both of the runes, allowing her to unleash some hell that's never been seen before in the Suiko universe. Perhaps you can play a survivor of the Gate Rune clan who's mission becomes to unite the other known true runes in order to save the world. Personally, I enjoy seeing other characters in future Suikoden series, but it would be really cool to be able to play Tir McDohl, Riou, Jowy, Sierra, Chris, Hugo, Geddoe, Millia, Edge, Lazlo, Sasarai, the Prince, and maybe even find a way to bring the unlikely characters into it (such as Yuber and Luc). Granted, I'm not really sure how it would work with the star chart, though in Suikoden 3 they did it by making Thomas the usual 'hero' star. Naturally you could also include a lot of the important, familiar characters to the story, as well as the characters that play supporting roles to the heroes (Gremio, Nanami, Fubar, etc).

I dunno. I just think it would be cool to see all the heroes unite and bring in more of the true runes in the picture (since there are 9 that are not known).
Blutiger Engel

Re: Just some future ideas I think would be fun

Post by Blutiger Engel »

Yeah, Lazlo does look funny :)

Windy doesn't appear in either Tactics or Tierkreis, since Tierkreis is completely unrelated and Tactics follows IV (though she's probably alive then, since it's before I, but she isn't mentioned). Suiko I made it seem as though she died along with Barbarossa, but who knows, she was pretty powerful and I'm sure the devs could come up with an excuse to keep her alive.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Blutigengel wrote:Yeah, Lazlo does look funny :)

Windy doesn't appear in either Tactics or Tierkreis, since Tierkreis is completely unrelated and Tactics follows IV (though she's probably alive then, since it's before I, but she isn't mentioned). Suiko I made it seem as though she died along with Barbarossa, but who knows, she was pretty powerful and I'm sure the devs could come up with an excuse to keep her alive.
Konami updated her status from dead to MIA some time back, so it seems she's definitely still alive. Same goes for Barbarossa.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Bringing all those characters back would definitely break the Stars of Destiny system. And depending on how far into the "future" this game would be set timeline-wise, some of them who are exempt from the agelessness curse may not survive.

A gathering of the True Runes, however, is far more likely.

Perhaps a zero-effect-on-canon Dissidia-style spin-off title would work better for this kind of pure fanservice.
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

Lemmy Claypool wrote: Konami updated her status from dead to MIA some time back, so it seems she's definitely still alive. Same goes for Barbarossa.
Interesting, haven't heard about that anywhere. Maybe it means they did have plans to bring them back at some point.
patapi wrote:
Perhaps a zero-effect-on-canon Dissidia-style spin-off title would work better for this kind of pure fanservice.
I like that idea, though I doubt it would happen :(
avenger

Post by avenger »

if we bring out too many true runes for 6, then we'll run out soon and we won't have a suikoden 15 for example. so i think bringing out one rune at time gives us more story line and history, kay?
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

I don't think Konami will continue the series long enough to reveal all of the true runes if they only reveal one at a time though, especially at this rate and with Tierkreis spinoffs. As much as I would like it to go on until Suikoden 15+, we don't even know if we're getting a true VI yet.
avenger

Post by avenger »

true, but there are high hopes for a 6. because i don't think vandal hearts was konami's main rpg in their show...kay?