"New" Suikoden Trademark

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Antimatzist

Re: "New" Suikoden Trademark

Post by Antimatzist »

But cool, there's a Tactics Ogre (remake? port?) for the PSP. Too bad I don't own one.

Well, we still have two weeks until TGS, so some things might happen in that time. But we shouldn't hope too much or we'll be gravely disappointed (but I rather get disappointed with no announcement than getting disappointed from a game like Tierkreis)
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

So, apparently when Sony announced their TGS lineup they also stated that there would be one other surprise game not on the list. I would be really surprised if it was Suikoden, but of course the up side is that if it is, then that really suggests Sony has put a lot of faith in the series, and hopefully the game will be really good. I'm not hoping too much for it to show, but if it does, it should be big.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

MrTomJoad wrote:So, apparently when Sony announced their TGS lineup they also stated that there would be one other surprise game not on the list. I would be really surprised if it was Suikoden, but of course the up side is that if it is, then that really suggests Sony has put a lot of faith in the series, and hopefully the game will be really good. I'm not hoping too much for it to show, but if it does, it should be big.
Sony has one unannounced PS3 game and one unannounced PSP game on its TGS list. One of these, I'm sure is Valkyria Chronicles 3, which has been pretty much confirmed to be present at TGS.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Well, Suikoden VI on the PSP wouldnt suck that much, means that they can go back to the old style! I'm staying optimistic.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Considering how Valkyria Chronicles has been both a PS3 and PSP game, don't take bets on which platform it will end up on just yet.

Knowing Sony, the two unannounced titles are SCE-related and don't include unannounced stuff from 3rd parties.
Formerly known as: Gothann
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

I'm so excited! :D :D :D
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

KC_MCDOHL wrote:I'm so excited! :D :D :D

And i just can't hide it!
skymansxeno

Post by skymansxeno »

"One of these, I'm sure is Valkyria Chronicles 3, which has been pretty much confirmed to be present at TGS."

I would bet that would be on PSP wouldn't you considering the last one was on there?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

skymansxeno wrote:"One of these, I'm sure is Valkyria Chronicles 3, which has been pretty much confirmed to be present at TGS."

I would bet that would be on PSP wouldn't you considering the last one was on there?
Except that didn't go over well with the fanbase and they said they'd go back to console if demand was high enough so it can go either way.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

skymansxeno wrote:"One of these, I'm sure is Valkyria Chronicles 3, which has been pretty much confirmed to be present at TGS."

By that logic Valkyria Chronicles 2 would have been on PS3 as well!
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

The Point I was trying to make earlier on this thread is that marketing and marketing strategy are subjects that really can't be predicted. By its very nature, marketing must be something of a surprise to potential consumers, otherwise your product will suffer. However, there is no telling whether Konami or Sony will adopt this strategy, or if they will simply announce a possible SVI in the way that they have been doing in the past.

Don't get me wrong, I am excited about this news, and I'm glad everyone here has been talking about it, but don't read too much into any of this either way. In the end, these are some positive signs for the series, and even if there is no TGS announcement, at least we can look forward to other methods for Konami to announce a title.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Well, if the trademark is to be believed we have from now until Christmas for Konami to announce and release something called Genso Suikoden in America. Whether it be Suikoden 6, a remake of the first/fourth game (chronology... argh), a compendium (like Capcom has been doing with its franchises: releasing art/encyclopedia compendiums), or even a simple iPhone game; Konami has to commit to releasing at least something or else the trademark expires and they have to go through the year-long process again.
daoster

Post by daoster »

The rumor is that the unannounced PS3 game will be an SCEJ game (Valkyria Chronicles 3 will probably be announced by SEGA, not Sony). If a Suikoden VI is really on the way, then it doesn't look like Sony will take any part in announcing it.

That is of course, if Konami even has a Suikoden in the works :(

Though if I was Konami and wanted to build hype, I'd do something like what Sega is doing for VC3 and start releasing teaser sites and the likes. We'll see if Dengeki or Famitsu feature anything. To be honest though, looks like it'll be another barren year for Suikoden fans.
I tell the DJ what to play, I tell the MC what to say!
Like good music? Check out my podcast: http://www.musicaloccupation.com
Simplicity

Post by Simplicity »

Fellas.. don't hold on into to much... just wait and see...

I am not trying to be negative.. but does Konami know that they own a game called Suikoden ? or they are trying to ditch it... sigh!!
"We are beyond humanity. We are beyond Salvation" -Ada Wong, Resident Evil 6.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

daoster wrote:Though if I was Konami and wanted to build hype, I'd do something like what Sega is doing for VC3 and start releasing teaser sites and the likes. We'll see if Dengeki or Famitsu feature anything. To be honest though, looks like it'll be another barren year for Suikoden fans.
Looking back, there were absolutely zero teasers or features for Suikoden Tierkreis. The game was announced to the world at an event outside of Japan (a Konami meetup in, was it New York?) and IGN inadvertently revealed that the game was so far along that they had already completed parts of the translation and English voices for it.

Konami has had a horrendous track record when it comes to revealing, hyping, and backing Suikoden. I'm pretty sure Tierkreis was the first title in the franchise to even have an English commercial made for it.