GS VI wif married system????!?!?![like HM]

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
luphpipi

GS VI wif married system????!?!?![like HM]

Post by luphpipi »

just wondering....lol..i thought it'd be fun if we can persuade some girls[108 stars] and marry her....lol :D
Icegryphon
Banned User

Re: GS VI wif married system????!?!?![like HM]

Post by Icegryphon »

I really don't know what to say to this topic...
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I'm assuming he's referring to a harvest moon type feature? Though probably fun, marrying off the main character seems very anti suikoden, as most of the games seem to follow a man who is essentially a loner, and almost all the Tenkai's end up disappearing at the end of the game.
The fighting 108

Post by The fighting 108 »

JanusThePaladin wrote:I'm assuming he's referring to a harvest moon type feature? Though probably fun, marrying off the main character seems very anti suikoden, as most of the games seem to follow a man who is essentially a loner, and almost all the Tenkai's end up disappearing at the end of the game.
Yeah, I agree. I always felt one of the appeals of Suikoden was that romance tended to be disassociated from the plot and relegated to side stories or speculation.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

This is a long shot but they could adopt Fire Emblem-style ending-changing "Support" system, where fully developing relationships between specific characters alter their endings. Not any pair works though, so only the game would internally define a list of potential support partners for each character.

Though I'd rather have Konami stay away from Harvest Moon's marriage (and offspring) system. Way too messy.
JanusThePaladin

Interesting idea patapi. I like it, but completely agree with the harvest moon feature not being included. Unless of course the game takes place over the span of say 20 years and you therefore build an army of Star of Destiny children.....
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

I think they could add a dating mini game for Suikoden. And the girl/boy you win over could get a combo attack with the hero, also good way to expand the story on some characters and gives some replay value.

Since fans like to speculate if there were any romance with the main characters and Suikoden goes by "you are the hero", I think a dating system would be wonderful for Suikoden.
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

JanusThePaladin wrote:Interesting idea patapi. I like it, but completely agree with the harvest moon feature not being included. Unless of course the game takes place over the span of say 20 years and you therefore build an army of Star of Destiny children.....
108 children... my uterus hurts just thinking about that.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Obviously with 108 parent candidates, it's not limited to only one uterus to achieve the numbers. Add potential cross-generation recurring stars, and that's not even a concern?
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

It would make many endings possible, but considering how only one ending ever ends up being canon no matter what the game is... Would it really be wise? Suikoden is known for having many endings, with only one ever being canon in the grand scheme of things. Adding more complexity to those same endings would just be undone once the next game timeline-wise comes out.
Formerly known as: Gothann
JanusThePaladin

i disagree, i think it would be similar to the Chrono trigger endings, where each one is totally different, than the suikoden "1 is correct the others are not, although they are all common" endings.

Also, i dig Rezard's idea. Maybe if they put that in a game, they could have the Tenkai as a returning character in the following game, along with whoever you chose from the minigame by uploading your information. Oh what fun!
Ancient Cheesecake

Post by Ancient Cheesecake »

Why? Just... Why? :shock:
No offense intended.

Dumb dumb Moira Brown
Dumbest chick in this whole dumb town

Dumber than old king kong
Uglier than a junk yard dog

I set off a nuke to kill you
But fate was just too damn cruel
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Konami should keep Suikoden the way it is. I don't think having some system where you marry in the game or even date would benefit the overall story.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

We don't need a sudo dating sim in this series.
I'm a fan but I'm also a critic. Without preasure to improve stagnation is the future. Do not accept lackluster because of your enjoyment of the overall picture. Criticism is needed for improvement to be made.
JanusThePaladin

why not snakey?