New Suikoden as Downloadable Title?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
avenger

Re: New Suikoden as Downloadable Title?

Post by avenger »

NO NO NO AND NO.

this game is far too valuable and full of good stuff. and the story needs to be long and full of twists and turns. so much emotion, characters love music,,, this game CAN NOT BE DEMOTED TO A DOWNLOADABLE GAME. no...no.

if you ask me this series is better then final fantasy because it continues from where it left off. it's just too fun to play, it has far more replay value then final fantasy did.
i've been playing roleplaying games for 22 years and i can come up with this theory.
if suikoden were to be demoted to a downloable game it would lose it's face value, and story line would be shortened. i'm very upset and nervous at the same time for even talking about this theory.. but i understand what you are saying, but to me i can't accept this.. no we need the game to be sold at game stop or best buy or where ever just NOT ONLINE.. THANK YOU.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

After the many larger PSN titles that have been released since I last replied here, Suikoden can definitely be a downloadable title without sacrificing quality or quantity. Since some games can even have Platinum trophies, that definitely means they could do retail-level releases on the platform.

Platinum games include Battle Fantasia, Burnout Paradise, Call of Duty Classic, Hasbro Family Game Night, Trine, Wipeout HD, and the upcoming adapted release of Record of Agarest War (the version with trophies will be exclusive to the NA PSN).

That list doesn't include the multiple humongous downloadable games that didn't even qualify for Platinum Trophy status. If Konami so wishes it, they could definitely make the largest and most detailed Suikoden game with the added benefits of far faster loading (honestly... Suikoden V is something to never be repeated) and continued availability.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Patenhire

Post by Patenhire »

Since we are talking about possible XBLA/PSN releases. I wonder what the trophies/achivements would be if it ever came out?

Recruit all 108 Stars
Complete Ivanov's Painting
Defeat The 5 generals.
Level 16 Weapon
Defeat Neclord
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Its not specific to PSN/XBLA...if it came out on PS3 or 360 at all, it would require trophies/achievements.

I would like to see some challenging trophies. Such as
  • beat the game with only the Tenkai Star
  • beat the final boss in three rounds or less
  • beat the game without ever fleeing from the enemy
  • use every playable character in battle
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

• collect all runes
  • collect all recipes, books, urns, ...
  • get all characters to max lv :lol:
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

That's the kind of challenge I wouldn't necessarily like, its just tedious repetitive tasks. Those are the kind of trophies I never get (see Infamous blast shards). Maybe if the activities themselves were somewhat fun, like 'stage each of the plays' (using Suikoden III as a reference). But I would like to see more trophies in games that are challenging instead of tedious.

Another example would be beating the whole game without dying once. That would be hard.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

It depends on how many battles can't be won (and also excluding the "yeah, you can beat it if you grind 200 hours in low-level areas" battles).

I've personally managed to not lose a single character in battle during the entire course of Suikoden and Suikoden II outside of said battles (not on the first playthrough, but I've managed it).
Formerly known as: Gothann