Alright, Lets talk about a Suikoden Movie!

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Pesmerga_pwns_Yuber

Alright, Lets talk about a Suikoden Movie!

Post by Pesmerga_pwns_Yuber »

There needs to be a Suikoden movie! Suikoden fans, come on! Suikoden DESERVES to have a movie made about it. It is one of the BEST RPG game series on this planet! I'm thinking that they could do it in between Suikoden 2 and 3. Show the Flame Champion in the 1st Fire Bringer War and the Stars from the Suikoden 2 game in it. Also, it MUST HAVE THE REASON PESMERGA IS NOT IN SUIKODEN 3! That little fact got me mad...
Xelinis

Re: Alright, Lets talk about a Suikoden Movie!

Post by Xelinis »

Lock, delete, ban, KILL!!

Okay, now in all seriousness, I honestly just don't think that Suikoden would translate well into a film. These games have 15+ hours worth of story content. Unless there is a trilogy of movies about it, no way. LoTR does a way more than decent job of filling that void though. No, Suikoden does not DESERVE a movie. Saying that it does is like saying that peanut butter deserves to go on bananas. Some people like it, some don't, and it's certainly does no have to be the case as each is still good as they are.

As far as Persmerga goes, let's all just keep praying that when Murayama left Konami, he left his team with all his old story materials.
Pesmerga_pwns_Yuber

I honestly think it does need a movie.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Instead of spending that huge budget on some 2-hour movie, I'd rather have Konami spend that money at perfecting their next 60-hour Suikoden mothership title. More value for my hard-earned cash, too.

The series has been around for more than a decade and I still don't get the buzz about Pesmerga. Even that critically ignored Troy had more personality than that floating body of armour.
Pesmerga_pwns_Yuber

:?: Really good Suikoden Game :?: Or... :?: Suikoden Movie :?: Hard to pick...
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

patapi wrote: The series has been around for more than a decade and I still don't get the buzz about Pesmerga. Even that critically ignored Troy had more personality than that floating body of armour.
Georg Prime also had little to no personality in Suikoden II and look what happened. :wink:

Murayama did state that he was "saving his story for the very end." Clearly, there's a lot of importance to Pesmerga and Yuber.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Many hours of expressing more than a hundred cast will definitely fit more for a TV Series.

Suikoden DESERVES it but I'm afraid nobody may be willing to risk it since Suikoden is not as famous as many other RPGs out there. But if heavens bless us, I'd definitely be one of the most excited people! :D :D :D
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Aerex

Post by Aerex »

Hey, they did a Suikoden 3 Manga. I think it would be cool if they made an anime. Either Suikoden 1 or 2 or possibly just new stuff.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

i could see an anime. especially because they could reuse voice actors. But simply put the dynamics of the games story and characters are far beyond the grasp of a movie
Braxiatel
Banned User

Post by Braxiatel »

JanusThePaladin wrote:i could see an anime. especially because they could reuse voice actors. But simply put the dynamics of the games story and characters are far beyond the grasp of a movie
I was going to say exactly the same thing. The only way I could see it working is if they did it as a mini-series or TV series with different episodes focusing on different characters. I think it's just too big logistically to do a live action adaptation.
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

Really good Suikoden Game Or... Suikoden Movie Hard to pick...
Waaaah! Both! They need to make an anime it'd be a lot less cheesy.
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

I'd rather see an anime than a movie, but I'd much rather see a new game (in the main series) than either of those. The game, like Patapi said, would be 60+ hours rather than two. I'm not much of a movie person in general and I would rather spend my free time playing an RPG. There are also many things that would work better in a game than in a movie, such as optional scenes/text, recruiting the 108 stars (it would be a bit difficult to fit that into a film), and of course, the sheer fun/annoyance of collecting all the runes, recipes, and items. But maybe that's just the OCD talking.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

I don't care about the movie, LOOK AT THE official news for NEW SUIKODEN! LOL! it been a year since last post!
Nick Bruiser
Aidenn_Howls_XI

Post by Aidenn_Howls_XI »

Xelinis wrote:
patapi wrote: The series has been around for more than a decade and I still don't get the buzz about Pesmerga. Even that critically ignored Troy had more personality than that floating body of armour.
Georg Prime also had little to no personality in Suikoden II and look what happened. :wink:

Murayama did state that he was "saving his story for the very end." Clearly, there's a lot of importance to Pesmerga and Yuber.
Y&P: At this point I just want to know what Yuber's rune actually does, other than being an attack rune that makes him crave chaos and blood. I think Suikox had it right on the money in the "theories" section that states Pesmerga's just a "Yuber fanboy" (Not really.)

Georg: to be fair, if you get his secrets in Suikoden 2, you find out that Georg killed the queen, which means they had that planned FOREVER ago, and you also find out he has a thing for cheesecake, who doesn't love cheesecake? I'll tell you who, Neclord...look what happened to him.

*Edit* Also, I think an Anime for the Suikogaidens would be entertaining, so that the U.S/ U.K. audience would actually be able to see that, not to say that I don't appreciate the translations I've found online, it would just be nice to see it in motion from Konami without having the headache of trying to remember all that Kanji.
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

Does Suikoden deserves its own movie? Yes i'm pretty sure it does.

But a movie, or even a tv series is a different business from the manga.

We will not see a Suikoden movie until this game has more than a loyal fanbase.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.