Alright, Lets talk about a Suikoden Movie!

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Sagiri

Re: Alright, Lets talk about a Suikoden Movie!

Post by Sagiri »

Why the hell not? They made a MANGA out of it.
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Manga doesn't need people to have acting skills, to indulge themselves into a role, they're just drawn, and given a speech-bubble to talk through. Manga and movies are so different in so many ways.
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

Maybe if they do make a movie, they'll do what they did with Death Note, make an anime first.
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

No, seriously, no, never.

Animes based on videogames usually fails, but movies...no heavens, no.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

I think the Silent Hill movie was great.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

1 of 20 make a good movie
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

Vextor wrote:I think the Silent Hill movie was great.
The movie was really awesome, but the end of the movie was a real shoot. They changed it because of a lack of money. ( sorry my english xD )
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

This depends on what kind of movie. Real action: No, not a chance. With the quanity of characters, publishing studio will be hard pressed to find decent actors for every part, meaning it will probably result in bad acting.

Now a CG movie, I can see that happening. However, how long will the movie be? With the massive amount of characters and lets face it...it's really not Suikoden, without a lot of playable characters. Tactics never had a SoD system, but there was still a vast amounts of characters and personalities.

I am not knocking the concept down, it just doesn't seem feasible. For it to be any good, a lot of money would have to be invested. Would anyone watch it, that was outside the Suikoden fanbase?

Also, I agree with Blutiger, anime mini-series of some caliber seems more feasible.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
jin022

Post by jin022 »

i want an anime movie of suikoden but related to the game series. Most games that are made into movies are always not related. that sucks
Ashietaka

Post by Ashietaka »

first off it would have to be an anime movie or CG movie. I think they're better off in just making a new game. It would be cool to have a movie, but at this point in time, I really don't think it would happen, they need momentum, and that momentum has withered since they haven't released a new suikoden in a while, NOT including the DS one. Anyway, one could only hope for a movie, but it's not like FF7, where you'd most likely see a movie adaptation.
Thiamor

Post by Thiamor »

It would be pretty impossible for a full out movie. Being no one is going to watch 40+ hours of a movie and have to pause so many times due to their life.
A mini series is okay.
But the best bet is just a full out Anime series.
They can easily draw out how each character is 'supposed' to look. Easier to get good actors voice wise, as well. Also, not to mention, having the series focusing around the 108 Stars, would add enough episodes to it so it wouldn't be short, let alone the story for each and the story used in finding and getting each star; plus the wars. To say the least, it'd be at least 50+ episodes. Which to me, for the type of series that it is, would be pretty decent.
Pesmerga_pwns_Yuber

Post by Pesmerga_pwns_Yuber »

I agree with Thiamor
Ashietaka

Post by Ashietaka »

Yeah, they'd be much better off working on an anime series. They could even do one of those short ones that is 26 episodes. Live action wouldn't work, it would be cool, but they wouldn't do it justice, it would probably be horrid. An anime movie would probably be too short, so an anime series would make more sense.
Silverberg

Post by Silverberg »

Wasn't there a Suikoden movie that came out like 16 years ago? It was set in a more futuristic time. Might have been more related to the Water Margin than the series. I can't seem to find much information on it. Never saw it
"Black Rune, pink balloon! This guy killed Gremio!!!"
souleaterVII

Post by souleaterVII »

uhh have any of you ever heard of star wars or the matrix? why would the maker (Tarantino haha) even try to put it all into one movie that would be stupid and irresposible stretch it out like potter. why would you need the full cast of 108 characters to have dialog in the movie? if they made the first game into movieS would there really need to be a scene where Mc dohl goes to recruit chandler the item shop owner? no just have him as an extra. a suikoden film would work really well bc its a classic rebellion story it would be epic!!