The next tenkai star?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Nataraja

The next tenkai star?

Post by Nataraja »

Who you think the next tenkai star will be?

I see a lot of ppl write about potential tenkai stars and what they should be like. A lot of people say we need a female . I personally think a twist might be in order. I think Pilika would make a really good future tenkai star. An all grown up warriored out Pilika. That sounds interesting to me. :wink: I also want to see Jillia blight developed more. We've yet to see the harmonian side of things in the Suikoden world.
Aerex

Re: The next tenkai star?

Post by Aerex »

That actually sounds pretty cool. If Pilika became a star in general I think that would be pretty sweet.
blah1017

Post by blah1017 »

I feel like after everything that happened to her, the last thing Pilika would want would be more fighting.

Could be wrong though, I just don't really see that happening.
Aerex

Post by Aerex »

Just because you dont want to fight doesnt mean you wont be forced to. Riou and Nanami were always like "jeez can we get this finished so we can stop fighting and live peacefully" the whole game but they fought because they had something to protect. If Pilika is in that situation in the future I dont think she will say "nah I cant fight to help my friend(or w/e) because I had too much fighting when I was a kid".

Also she may just end up being a non-combat star. Like the Inn keeper or Gossip (onil lol ) or a cook or something ^^.

I personally think she'd make a pretty cool Tenkai if that were to happen. The next Tenkai should probably be a girl though just to mix it up a bit.
idk

Post by idk »

well i guess putting richard of sv .
he may do better cuz he is nice for this situation .
even he can spend much time in the lindwurm
so we may know whta is the lindwurm look a like
and in the story he meets norma and ernest
just like he didnt see them from a long time .
and richard became 20 years old
it will be exciting ^^ :D
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

Maybe Richard fits the bill, but SoDs don't change their stars from game to game. He is the Chian Star, he would only be able to return as the Chian Star, and will never be able to be a Tenkai. At least I think that's how it works...
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

I can't see Richard being a main-character, just can't. Awesome fighting skills and all that, but more than that he just falls flat on his face.
Palmguy

Post by Palmguy »

Nah, they wouldn't make a character we have already seen into a Tenkai star. The only way I could see it happen, would be in the same way Thomas was in Suikoden III. Star Gatherer but not Protagonist/Main Character. Otherwise, it would just be... wrong. It needs to be someone we never saw before who goes trough it's own trial and tribulations. Just think of it, Leknaat would appear to the army for the first time and the Tenkai would just be "Oh! Hi Leknaat! Long time to see! So, are you bringing me the tablet and Luc? Oh, right, snap."

So, that being said. I want a Female Tenkai with a Scythe. Okay, I admit that a scythe would probably never happen but I'll keep dreaming. Twin Daggers À la Miakis would be good, I think.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

I don't have anything against young boys being the main character, but you know...it would be fine if they look a little more badass, something like this

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/9467 ... 188212.jpg

Also...i don't want a female tenkai for the same reason i don't want a talking tenkai, i like that "empatize" feeling where you feel you are the hero, and i couldn't empatize if the main character is a girl.

However i would accept a boy/girl selection like in other rpgs.

Oh, and select weapon option for the tenkai would be awesome too.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

So you don't want a Girl, but you're ok with guys who could pass as girls any day. Funny.
Palmguy

Post by Palmguy »

Well, you've got to think about the girls who plays the series also! Poor them, they were never able to enjoy any suikoden (except a third of SuikoIII) because they felt out of place being a girl with a male protagonist! (yes, this is sarcasm). I'll say it again, it's time for a a change and that we get a woman.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Because that i said "i would accept a boy/girl selection like in other rpgs" and everybody happy.
1234569and10

Post by 1234569and10 »

It's kind of a shame that the character's genitalia would be the determinant factor on whether or not you could empathize with them, especially seeing as how the majority of the Tenkai have been androgynous blank slates so far. Ah, c'est la vie.

Annnyway, I think a female lead would be awesome. I want my c-c-c-combo breaker. Also, I want my Tenkai to come from money. Or to be nobility. Or something like that. It would also be interesting if the Tenkai's combat class got mixed up. He's never had a ranged weapon or been a mage character. Changing that probably wouldn't be practical, but as stated, I think it would be interesting.

Maybe the Tenkai could start off as a mage character but then grow into the more traditional Tenkai combat role after a plot event that forces them to lay off the magic and learn a different way to defend themselves.

Dx
No, Jowy, I do not want your stupid carrots.
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

It's not their junk that detrmines it. It's more like, the reason the Tenkai is so blank is because they are supposed to be 'you', the player. There is an increasing number of girl gamers out there, and being one of them, I think it would be sweet as to have a female lead, not only because they're uncommon in rpgs, but it gets pretty old when the character who is supposed to represent me is almost invariably a male. Suikoden is actually pretty good with their female roles, but too many games have strong leading men, with a sidekick/love interest being a woman. It'd be mint to see it the other way round.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
hotspot

Post by hotspot »

Here's what I think, it would be awesome to have a female Tenkai. Heck everyone thought the prince was a girl, so who knows maybe this time it will be a girl. I also think the idea of choosing the Tenkai's gender is a great idea too, maybe even the characters sexuality. Not everyone likes it when the guy gets the girl or vice versa, some people prefer it if the guy gets the guy or the girl gets the girl. Then for the manga/comic, the characters sexuality wouldn't be revealed.

I'd also like the option of choosing a weapon for the tenkai, even if it's only one weapon of each range (S,L,M) I think it would be really cool and more fun/customizable.
"Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie..."~ Shu

Suiko-Kya-Cross
Forum about the Suikoden, Kya Dark Lineage and the Chrono games.
○♦•¤Suiko-Kya-Cross○♦•¤