The next tenkai star?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Vextor
Global Admin

Re: The next tenkai star?

Post by Vextor »

I see the same comments made in Japanese suikoden fan sites as well (regarding the need for a female tenkai star). Personally, the whole "teenage boy wearing red clothes using a stick as a weapon" is beyond old and boring. When I saw the first pictures for Tierkreis, I thought "not again..."

Perhaps they tried to address this issue by having the first female tenkai, Marica(?), appear in Tierkreis. However, you never get to control her and she's a tenkai in some other world. And axe-wielding girl as the main protagonist would have been a refreshing change from the tired old formula.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Vextor wrote:Perhaps they tried to address this issue by having the first female tenkai, Marica(?), appear in Tierkreis.
Does that even make sense when she's not Tenkai in the main world? Then again Tierkreis can obviously not decide on whether this "Infinity" crap is supposed to be paralell worlds or seperate realities.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Don't get me started on the "infinity" crap. In the Japense version they called it "Million Worlds" just like it has been in previous English translations of Suikoden titles. I wish they'd remain consistent with their translation... but that's going off topic.

Anyhow, the parallel worlds (or whatever) probably doesn't count as a "true" Tenkai.
hotspot

Post by hotspot »

I'm sure that every world has a bunch of Tenkai's, Sieg may be the Tenkai of Tierkreis. But Marica?, Cougar and Atrie were all Tenkai's too, but of a different world.
"Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie..."~ Shu

Suiko-Kya-Cross
Forum about the Suikoden, Kya Dark Lineage and the Chrono games.
○♦•¤Suiko-Kya-Cross○♦•¤
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Yeah, but Konami claims that every game cart is it's own world within that thing that shan't be named, so depending on exactly how many copies were sold there should be like 300,000+ worlds that look exactly the same with same stars, towns, worlds merged etc etc (wonder if they realize the irony of having a game that can only progress in one single way and then have it be about how the future isn't determined?).

And not to mention that there's 300,000+ worlds where the bloody Tenkai talks like an idiot and fell through a portal as a baby so he can't travel between worlds (regular occurance apparently, parents beware).

So we have 300,000+ Marica that are whatever star she is, and then 1 where's she's suddenly Tenkai. Doesn't seem very consistent. Then some worlds have people that apparently don't even exist in the "main" one, like Atrie, worlds that are entirely different like Rarohenga, whereever the dolphins came from. How is this supposed to make sense?

What about the World of Wings and Scales? Do they have humans? Do they have a dragon as Tenkai ($5 says he's a red-skinned male and 15 years old)? World of Emptiness? Must have a lot of Tenkai's since that's where everyone goes when they die, how would they fight the One King? Did Konami actually give any kind of thought to this?
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

blah1017 wrote:I feel like after everything that happened to her, the last thing Pilika would want would be more fighting.

Could be wrong though, I just don't really see that happening.
Suikoden 3 has already proven that you don't have to be the main hero to be a Tenkai with Thomas. Though, yeah, I don't see Pilika as a Fighter, but rather a Star Gatherer, then some other Heavenly Star (i.e. they start with "Ten") can be the main hero.

I have read the S3 Queen = S2 Jillia Blight theory before in Suikox, and if it was to be true, then Jillia may have left their Harmonian manor to Pilika then she went off somewhere else. A war is going on and Jillia isn't coming back, so Pilika decides to gather heroes to help fight in the war.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.