Let the Narcissists take the Political Spotlight

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
i-heart-percival

Re: Let the Narcissists take the Political Spotlight

Post by i-heart-percival »

Mio wrote:their fellow narcissists...

they're not completely anti-social, they can have friends

like Simone and Vincent, or Reinbach and that other big-nosed guy

it's possible to enlarge this net to create a force of war

i myself would be curious to see how a narcissist soldier/infantry looks like

also if selfishness is a quite a moral obstacle to become or have a leader

bandits and pirates have more issues i think
i agree...if they only cared about themselves, then why is the leader always one of their "dear friends"? it would be pretty interesting if a narcisist took a main role, but it if it ever came the chance of one becoming the "hero", then it prolly can't be a mute one that's for sure
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

i-heart-percival wrote: i agree...if they only cared about themselves, then why is the leader always one of their "dear friends"?
In the opinion of the narcissist the hero's greatest feat is being friend of the narcissist. It's a priviledge to be the narcissist's friend, greater privillege than leading an entire army. That's why they always call the heros their friend as opposed to leader or master or anything like that.
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

A study published in the journal Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin suggests that when a group is without a leader, you can often count on a narcissist to take charge. Researchers found that people who score high in narcissism tend to take control of leaderless groups
-From wikipedia with the reference coming from "Narcissistic People Most Likely to Emerge as Leaders" Newswise, Retrieved on October 7, 2008.

Whether leader of a group of knights akin to Matilda knights or whatever, or leader of the 108 stars, it would be pretty hilarious. And not too far fetched according to the above quote. Leading a group would actually feed their narcissism. I think people are right in assuming that they wouldn't do a very good job of leading, but it could be fun. And whoever said that you always have to win?