Sun/Dawn/Twilight child rune

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Iesous

Sun/Dawn/Twilight child rune

Post by Iesous »

In S2, we saw the darkness rune, which looked quite a bit like the Soul Eater and had similar spells. S3 brought us the shield rune. We already had all of the lower elemental runes. S5 allowed gamers to use some derivative of the Punishment rune (I can't remember the name of it). It seems like a good guess that we'll get some child rune that comes from either the Sun, Twilight, and/or Dawn runes. What does everyone think the name and abilities will be for the rune in the next installment?
Runemaster

Re: Sun/Dawn/Twilight child rune

Post by Runemaster »

Whaoh. I never thought of that. Nice.

Yeah, that may be a hint!
Coolly, Sun Rune may have given birth to triplets! :)
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

"child" of Punishment was the Condemnation Rune.
Not only that, but from the Bright Shield came the Shield Rune, and even though they don't seem related, it could be that the Black Sword influenced the idea of the elemental sword runes.

I would imagine just 1 new lesser rune coming from the Sun/Dawn/Twilight Runes, and it would range from a resurrection/heal spell to a status clearing spell to some sun-element attack spells that hit a single targets, rows or columns... basically a mix from Dawn and Twilight. They probably would make it a unique rune like Condemnation, where you can only obtain 1 per playthrough.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Is the Sunbeam rune related to the Sun rune?
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

i think "mercy and warmth life of the sun" came from Leknaat's mouth in SV

so it probably could
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

Thanks for the Condemnation Rune reminder. I had also forgotten about the elemental Sword runes.

I do think that the sunbeam rune is probably from the Sun rune. It makes sense, and I can't think of any other rune that it would come from. That being said, I still think that there could be other runes, particularly runes with spells, that could be birthed from the Sun rune. In light of the shield and sword runes, the elemental and hightened elemental runes, and the darkness and resurrection runes, there seems to often be more than one kind of rune birthed from the True Runes.

The next question is: can any non-True runes produce new runes? Does the fire rune come from the Rage rune or directly from the True Fire Rune? If it has to come from the True Rune, I would think that KFCrispy is right about it being a combination of spells similar to the Dawn and Twilight spells.

By the way, isn't it a little bit unfortunate that we rarely see the child runes until after we encounter True Runes? It would be kind of fun if someday they did an overhaul of Suikoden I, and you could equip Comdemnation, Shield, Pale Gate, the higher elementals, and Sun's child runes on your party. Talk about rune choices.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

oh yeah.. Pale/Blue Gate! that's another rune that was created after a true rune from the previous game.
i don't care about new runes in Suikoden I unless they completely remake it like they remade Wild Arms I (Alter Code F).. otherwise there's no point of "hacking" in new runes and spells for the same old game. however, they did add a Darkness Rune to the Saturn version >_< (but more importantly.. the battle coliseum thing)