True Rune In The Head

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
manga4micah

True Rune In The Head

Post by manga4micah »

Why are all the True Runes in the hands of the Hero/Bad Guy ? Why not in the next game or a upcoming game they make a character with a True Rune in his/her head.
I think that would be cool they would have the Rune mark on there forehead and there head would light up when they unleashed the True Runes power.
But really is there a reason for the True Runes always being on the main characters hands?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: True Rune In The Head

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Oh this sounds so familiar... where did I see this... oh yeah. It's called Suikoden V.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

the queen Arshtat bore the Sun Rune on her forehead

amazing how you requested something that actually already happened
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Yeah, the Sun Rune is a Head Rune. The Gate Rune might be one, too.
Author

Post by Author »

Mio wrote:the queen Arshtat bore the Sun Rune on her forehead

amazing how you requested something that actually already happened
Was gonna say this, and yea, the Gate Rune should be one too. It doesn't make sense if the Gate Rune wasn't :p
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Leknaat's Gate rune is actually on her chest I think, the thing on her head is either a different rune or just for show.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Chest??? Isn't it at her forehead? The symbols just may not look very alike like the thing on Arshtat's forehead: doesn't look like it, but it's the Sun Rune.
I reallly think it's on her forehead.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

No, that's just some gem for show.

If not, it's just not consistent with how True Runes always look impossibly more intricate in design than their regular rune equivalent. The Pale/Blue Gate Rune already looks intricate, so it's likely that Oppenheimer has the right guess. If not, why didn't Windy have the emblem of the Back Gate Rune on her forehead, either?
Formerly known as: Gothann
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

If not, why didn't Windy have the emblem of the Back Gate Rune on her forehead, either?
Maybe she's got her rune at the bakc of her head?^^

But actually, it's quite random to where the Rune is. I guess that every True Rune has its own will as where it is placed(I dunno if that's right, the only True Runes we have seen on two different characters were the Soul Eater and the Rune of Punishment)...
manga4micah

Post by manga4micah »

Oh yeah i completely forgot about Arshtat having the sun rune in her head oops...
Well i was actually thinking about the Hero of the game having a True Rune in his head...
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

LanceHeart wrote:No, that's just some gem for show.

If not, it's just not consistent with how True Runes always look impossibly more intricate in design than their regular rune equivalent. The Pale/Blue Gate Rune already looks intricate, so it's likely that Oppenheimer has the right guess. If not, why didn't Windy have the emblem of the Back Gate Rune on her forehead, either?
Ooh.. Then it could be anywhere on her body asight from her chest...
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I was trying to figure out where I had heard about Leknaat's rune being on her chest and I found this thread at Suikox about it:
http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4412
It's an interesting read about the subject anyway.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Oppenheimer wrote:I was trying to figure out where I had heard about Leknaat's rune being on her chest and I found this thread at Suikox about it:
http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4412
It's an interesting read about the subject anyway.
Hmm... I see... Where could've that idea/speculation come from...? Maybe it was announced by Konami..???????
Paler than Moon

Post by Paler than Moon »

Runes with greater power takes place in the head or other vital body part, right? Isn't it always like that? In the game, you can only put Pale Gate Rune in the head because it's basically stronger than the other rune.

I'm not saying that the Sun Rune is the most powerful of the other True Runes we have seen so far, but maybe the fact that it can unleash more power (either by itself or because of the bearer's power) than the others makes it rest on the bearer's forehead.
"If only..."
But thou art wind!
Do not scream:
thy fragrance deafens.