Best aspects of previous games for S6

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
*Liu*

Re: Best aspects of previous games for S6

Post by *Liu* »

Hero type: A poor teenage boy with hatred towards all people. I dont like the ideia of old protagonists.

Rune type: True Hatred Rune or True Demon Rune.I hope the main villain got a True Rune too.

Geography/terrain: Nameless Lands, New Armes or Nagarea is fine.

Timeline: After III or after V

Storyline: A complex and long storyline with a great villain and deep characters. I wanna visit places from other games like Muse or Sol-Falena. Not another civil war, this time lets have more than one nation involved in the conflit.

Other major characters: The main villain needed to have a great tactician at his side to make the game more interesting. The main character have to speak and i like him have a mysterious past.

Returning characters: If the game is after III: Chaco, saint loa knights, Hugo and geddoe"s group. I realy like all of then. But if the game is after V, then i would like to see Toma, Frey and Zerase.

Battle system: Systems used in suikoden I and II.
Sorry for my bad english people....
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

another thing I would like to see in S6 is that the game should be a lot longer as for the story and extra quests. I think the longest Suikoden, story wise, might be S2 or SV and I'm sure everyone could go for a lil more on both of those. Also, they should just continue with the new game+ its rewarding and makes the game less annoying when it comes to getting armor, items, etc. Tierkreis disapointed me in not having it, especialy considering the monsters don't give you money, getting a lot of the rare items is tedius.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
The fighting 108

Post by The fighting 108 »

Hero type: I liked the fact the the SIII main characters weren't silent and had their own personalities. As for the Hero's age/gender, while it'd be nice to chose it, you know it's probably going to be another teenage adonis. Personally I would like to see a wiser main character in the veins of Geddoe, someone that's been a live for a long time and has seen everything.

Rune type: I'd also like to see a True 'Skill' rune implemented.

Geography/terrain: All of the terrain types in the game I've played seemed kind of similar, except in 4 where it was a mess of island hopping. I suppose I'd go for anything so long as it's not another island hopping affair.

Timeline: I'd like to see aspects of all time frames, perhaps have the hero participate in all the prior Suikoden games as a nameless soldier before fate shoves them to the for front. But if you tell me to just pick one from a prior game, I'd like it to take place during or after SIII, it's time to move on!

Storyline: Using previous elements? I liked the intrigue of SIII, but overall I would like something that's settled on the battlefield rather than on the floor of a senate.

Other major characters: Not sure what this point is supposed to address that isn't addressed in the returning characters bullet...

Returning characters:If Lazlo grew a personality, I'd like to see him again, also the three major characters and Thomas from SIII. I've nothing to say about SI & II as I've never played those games before.

Battle system: I definitely preferred SV's battle system of that of SIII and IV. I hope the next one has a similar real time element, but with a bit more add complexity to take into account the abilities of each brigades commander. Also it'd be nice if you could challenge enemy commanders to duels and visa versa.