The Next Suikoden Needs a Luca Blight Type Bad Guy...

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Mio
Banned User

Re: The Next Suikoden Needs a Luca Blight Type Bad Guy...

Post by Mio »

Rezard wrote:I think it is pretty reasonable to kill someone to stop a long and devastating war. In the end we prevent the loss of lifes.
dood, if this "someone" was your mother, would you still say it's reasonable?

if i say, i decided that the best course of action to avert war was to murder your mother, would it sound reasonable?

oh and this course of action does not guarantee that the war will surely end

your mother will die for a risk that I decided to take

sounds good?
Rezard wrote:What? You have to be a king to act on our free will?
even free will has its limits

taking another person's life for your own purpose is way beyond those boundaries
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

Mio wrote:dood, if this "someone" was your mother, would you still say it's reasonable?
I don't know, probably not, but you can't expect to think rationally when someone you love is involved. To make a righteous judgment we need to be impartial, a judge can't avaliate his own mother's murder, someone else must do it.

It's strange how people think, while you think Jowy was a lowly criminal, there are people who defend that LUCCA was righteous (personaly I disagree). If you think I am exaggerating then read this: http://www.suikox.com/ed/luca60504.php
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

To make a righteous judgment we need to be impartial, a judge can't avaliate his own mother's murder, someone else must do it.
uhh i never said that you yourself would kill your mother, i was talkin about how you would feel when someone was so willing to sacrifice your own mother for an unguaranteed cause
It's strange how people think, while you think Jowy was a lowly criminal, there are people who defend that LUCCA was righteous (personaly I disagree).
dood, i never said no nothin bout anybody being a criminal

nor did i implied that Jowy was lowly

where are you getting all these from?

my position was about Jowy's, and everyone's (Author's/KFCrispy's laundry list of justificated villains) bad acts

and people just kept justifying that these acts are okay since there is a higher purpose or somethin something

i ain't touchin that link cause i have enough misplaced justification on this thread

oh and lastly, dood?? Lucca Bliightt's name is written on the topic title, why don't you just go ahead and copy that spelling??
ChaosMan

Post by ChaosMan »

I agree with the Title, Luca is the best and no one could come even close... so Suikoden better find some Sad Genius Kid with Natural Selection Agenda in his head.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
about wars and politics, mateys... it's Suikoden... betrayal, treachery, backstabbing, all of it on one package... the only thing that matters is if we chose the bad line than well get a bad ending... pretty much a Destiny type of story.

City-State of Jowston. This State was always in war with their neighbors... like Toran, Highland, and even Grassland (Gijimu The leader of the Lampdragon Bandits led the The Tinto forces to war with The Grasslands)... I mean... Luca doesn't need to slaughter the Unicorn Brigade kids to start a war with City-State... because this state is already fond of war and need some peace lessons, remember... they're the one who coated Genkaku's Sword before 'The Duel of Champions' which later become the reason for his exile, fair enough isn't it ?

Read Jowy's question and Anabelle's answer before the assasination.
Jowy wrote:Annabelle, why are you fighting ?
Annabelle wrote:I Fight so we won't lose, I was born and raised here in Muse so its natural for me to protect her
Annabelle's answer was just sharpening the blade on Jowy's thought... he feels the same way as Annabelle about protecting his homeland... If the Unicorn Brigade Massacre and Toto Village burning never happened... I guess Luca and Jowy will cooperate nicely to crush and conquer the City-State of Jowston, and after that, Luca will become the King of Highland and maybe Jowy will become his Prime Minister, married Jillia... and they'll live happily everafter.
- I'm A Big Fan Of Suikoden -
Baralai24

Post by Baralai24 »

I was pleased with the antagonists in Suikoden III especially Luc and Yuber .
Yuber reminds me of Luca Blight in ways such as strength and just his evilness .

I liked how Luc was strong because of his True Rune, unlike Luca that just
used brute strength, there isn't anything wrong with that its just, we see it in a lot of RPG's
Please Take Care And Try To Avoid Any Big Suprises .

I'm Always Afraid The One Day Those Heavy Eyebrows Of Yours,

Will Fall Right Off .
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

ChaosMan wrote:I agree with the Title, Luca is the best and no one could come even close... so Suikoden better find some Sad Genius Kid with Natural Selection Agenda in his head.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
about wars and politics, mateys... it's Suikoden... betrayal, treachery, backstabbing, all of it on one package... the only thing that matters is if we chose the bad line than well get a bad ending... pretty much a Destiny type of story.

City-State of Jowston. This State was always in war with their neighbors... like Toran, Highland, and even Grassland (Gijimu The leader of the Lampdragon Bandits led the The Tinto forces to war with The Grasslands)... I mean... Luca doesn't need to slaughter the Unicorn Brigade kids to start a war with City-State... because this state is already fond of war and need some peace lessons, remember... they're the one who coated Genkaku's Sword before 'The Duel of Champions' which later become the reason for his exile, fair enough isn't it ?

Read Jowy's question and Anabelle's answer before the assasination.
Jowy wrote:Annabelle, why are you fighting ?
Annabelle wrote:I Fight so we won't lose, I was born and raised here in Muse so its natural for me to protect her
Annabelle's answer was just sharpening the blade on Jowy's thought... he feels the same way as Annabelle about protecting his homeland... If the Unicorn Brigade Massacre and Toto Village burning never happened... I guess Luca and Jowy will cooperate nicely to crush and conquer the City-State of Jowston, and after that, Luca will become the King of Highland and maybe Jowy will become his Prime Minister, married Jillia... and they'll live happily everafter.
the diff betwen Jowy and Annabelle is that Annabelle never trampled anybody to attain what she was fighting for

at least within the confides of the game's story

here's how i would pound Jowy when i meet him

You might get rid of Luca, you might protect kids like Pilika from disasters she went through, you might even bring peace to the entire Highland country

but at what price?

i even understood him up until Luca's death

but after that
i-heart-percival

Post by i-heart-percival »

i know! it would be fun to see a bad guy like that because he's a sadistic crazy dude and i luv his quote "die pig"...c'mon, have u heard a better catchphrase from a villian? i think it would be perfect because in the other 4, there wasn't a great villian and if they consider it, i'll be getting the game
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

you're just saying that now but when it actually happens

you'll lose all that spirit and ending up comparing this Luca Type Bad Guy with the original Luca Blight

and you'll find that the new Luca Blight Type Bad Guy is just some cheap imitation of such a great character

pretty much what happened to Childerich

i understand about loving how cruel his character is

but i'd rather keep his image of perfection that way than to tarnish his image by some wannabe who just couldn't keep up
Mrs. Luca Blight

Post by Mrs. Luca Blight »

The most amazing villains (not ranked):

Jowy
Luca
Gizel
Luc
Yuber
Sarah

Would like these kind of guyz appear in another suiko games!
Currently making Suikoden fan-fict manga!!!
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

i don't know

but you can guess

just look at all the villains you listed

we've had five installments of the game already

have you ever seen a carbon copy of a previous villain brought back into the game?
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Also, considering half of them are dead, that seems unlikely. Lucs been in enough games anyway. He really doesn't need any more.
ThricebornPhoenix

Post by ThricebornPhoenix »

KFCrispy wrote:what makes the protagonist so "good"?
Human nature makes protagonists good (heros) by default. Even when they're not author inserts and therefore infallible paragons of virtue etc., they are usually mouthpieces for the author. We can rationalise any behavior to make it seem justified (this thread is a decent example), so protagonists are usually overwhelmingly good, if not simply flawless.

Antagonists are villains from the perspective of the protagonist, so they are vilified in the text or dialogue... though if they are well-written it will be clear that they don't consider themselves evil (I have this little problem with Luca Blight, incidentally...). The deeds we call evil are probably considered necessary, or justified to seem acceptable, by those perpetuating them. This is the heart of a good conflict - two or more sides opposed in their beliefs of what is right.

I'll take just about anything over a demented, almost comic book-style supervillain.
"Evil is always a distortion or an exaggeration of something that is good. People don't understand that now." - Gene Wolfe, an interview
KvChaos

Post by KvChaos »

Creating another Luca Blight will make him look less special..
You don't see Square cloning Sephiroth too ya?
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Well, they just have him make guest apperances or remakes constantly. Also, Kefka's final form was identicle to Sephys. Final Fantasy does tend to repeat things a lot. Not that that's a good thing . . .
Masamune.

Post by Masamune. »

KvChaos wrote:Creating another Luca Blight will make him look less special..
You don't see Square cloning Sephiroth too ya?
Hmmm...

...Are you...

...sure about that?