The Next Suikoden Needs a Luca Blight Type Bad Guy...

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
manga4micah

The Next Suikoden Needs a Luca Blight Type Bad Guy...

Post by manga4micah »

He was the best bad guy of the series IMO.No other bad guy comes close to his evil ways burning down villages and making villagers squeal like a pig right before he kills them.
He is one of my favorite all time RPG bad guys and he can take alot before he goes down arrows seem to make him mad.

Sure there have been other good bad guys in the Suikoden series but none of the them were as violent and evil as Luca Blight.
mumbay

Re: The Next Suikoden Needs a Luca Blight Type Bad Guy...

Post by mumbay »

I think they need a Luca Blight but not as the original idea as the main bad guy the original bad guy should be somewhere along the lines of Gizel or Marscal trying to better the country but die doing so and then someone who just wants war to come in
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

a recurring villain is not my kind of terror
manga4micah

Post by manga4micah »

Mio wrote:a recurring villain is not my kind of terror
I didnt mean actual bring Luca Blight back i meant the bad guy needs to be more like Luca Blight the last few main bad guys havent been well all that bad.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i'd love to see a villain like the Joker in The Dark Knight movie, who messes with society to watch people kill each other. but of course, at this point it would be a rip-off.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell I think they sorta tried that on Suikoden 5, in my opinion. What was his name? Started with a C. They tried to emulate Luca's lust for destruction. I like the very evil kind of bad guy, but I'd rather not de ja that vu. . .again.

Hmm, maybe a main villain who's bark is much more bigger than his/her/undecided's bite. Like that kefka guy everyone raves about from FF6. You know, he's very evil and blood thirsty, but he mostly gets others to do it for him. (I think I have the right main bad guy . . . if not, oops) . . I dunno, something we haven't seen in Suikoden before would be nicer.

Of course, this is just one man's opinion.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

RangerDeon wrote:What was his name? Started with a C.
Childerich. Well his die pig line was added by translators, that's what created the most deja vu for me. But even without that he was clearly a Luca clone. I wasn't impressed. I prefer my bad guys more devious and haughty. I think they did a pretty good job in Suikoden V of making somewhat ambiguous enemies.
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

well, i thought childerich was a good addition. personally, luca's type is just too good not to use and i think they did the right thing by making childerich's role far more minor, otherwise v would have been like ii in far too many ways than it already was.

the main villain(s) in 5 were nice, because they actually were just pretty evil... but not obviously. most other bad guys (besides luca and windy i suppose) you could usually understand their side... and the hitler similarities were pretty awesome/terrible.

maybe this time, add a character like luca/childerich but put him on the stars of destiny side. now THAT would make for some strange events.
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

maybe this time, add a character like luca/childerich but put him on the stars of destiny side. now THAT would make for some strange events.[/quote]

ohhhh That is an awesome idea, i never even thought of plot like that, I for one, like the evil characters and having one on the stars of destiny side would just be badass, i mean luc to me will always be a badass whenever i play S1 and S2 again since i know how he was in 3 but that is a really kool concept ;)
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
Author

Post by Author »

Mio wrote:a recurring villain is not my kind of terror
Agreed.

It's going to be boring and total thumbs down to put another 'Luca Blight' villain. Heck, he's not even the worse I know. Burning villages, killing people, starting wars -- what's so new about that? He's the worst villain I know in Suikoden. His ways are simply 'criminal' but not beyond villainy. Look at Chilerich -- he was boring.

Even if you open Crimes and Investigations channel, you won't find a 'Luca Blight', but you'll find Godwins swarming there. The Luca Blight villainy is old. A psychological cause for villainy is old. Not even villainy. Bah.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

hmmm psychological villainy, dunno if thats an official term though

however to support this opinion that this type of villainy is indeed outdated

Suikoden II = FFX (equal only on this analogy)

Luca Blight : Seymour >> both have the worst childhood and is on a warpath because of this

Suikoden V = FFXII (equal only on this analogy)

Gizel Godwin : Vayne Solidor >> brilliant minds gone bad

see how "crazy" is replaced by "smart"

i guess crazed and deranged villains are being cliched that's why Machiavellian villains are kinda on the rise

it is a limited analogy so feel free to disagree
Author

Post by Author »

I wouldn't consider the Godwins villainous. It was more of a disagreement with the way stuffs are ruled in Falena. The leaders of the Godwins have good intention in heart and would not resort to anything close to 'villainy'. The Barrows are another story though. If you think about it, if they looked and acted frightening, they're the real villains.

OH THE HORRORS
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

Author wrote:I wouldn't consider the Godwins villainous.
i stopped reading after this line

my definition of a villain is a bad guy

as long as they resorted to doing bad stuff, presto, they are the bad guys

killing innocent people for personal gain is very much considered a bad stuff

i think you overly justified the acts of the Godwins inside your head
Author

Post by Author »

Mio wrote:
Author wrote:I wouldn't consider the Godwins villainous.
i stopped reading after this line

my definition of a villain is a bad guy

as long as they resorted to doing bad stuff, presto, they are the bad guys

killing innocent people for personal gain is very much considered a bad stuff

i think you overly justified the acts of the Godwins inside your head
Technically, a villain in a story is the one against the protagonist, so yes, the Godwins are the villains, but don't you think your definition of villain is too simple and narrow-minded?

A villain is different from the adjective villainous. Villainous denotes a more negative impression. A villain isn't technically 'completely bad' in every story, but they are labeled as villains if they are against the protagonist.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Let's just call them 'antagonists'!

anyway, a monstrous,demonic,scary,merciless,evi-- uhh main villain appearing in the next Suiko would be infamous to fans for it being Luca's spinoff. And I'm tired of those common fairy tale villains but they sure scare and interest a couple of gamers..
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!