The Next Suikoden Needs a Luca Blight Type Bad Guy...

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
KvChaos

Re: The Next Suikoden Needs a Luca Blight Type Bad Guy...

Post by KvChaos »

er... drinking from some goo-like liquid and turning into sephiroth? that is not cloning.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

KvChaos wrote:er... drinking from some goo-like liquid and turning into sephiroth? that is not cloning.
I think you misunderstood Masamune's meaning of cloning. Rather than literally, he means that Square have recycled the aspects of what made Sephiroth a classic character, both physically and in terms of his character traits, in order to try and emulate his success.
Masamune.

Post by Masamune. »

Thank you, Lemmy.

Yes, Sephiroth is a very derivative character where Nomura's designs are concerned. He likes a silver-haired bishie or five.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

No one comes close to Luca Blight in terms of badassness. For me, he is the GS God of Evil.

Pure evil, very tough IG. No reason not to like/hate him as a villain.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

S1: main villain was a power-hungry evil sorceress (and manipulated king).
S2: main villain was bloody thirsty, problematic childhood, crazy, geneticist who wants revenge on the world.
S3: main villain was a fallen confused depressed immortal with to much time and not enough free will in his world-view.
S4: main villain was rich businessman who wanted power, a rune, and revenge...not much more than that..sad to say...
S5: main villain was "patriotic" warhawk nationalist who wanted the most powerful office with the ego that he would do a better job
ST: main villain was a self-absorbed narcissist, who again wanted to be king since he thought he was more qualified.

Most of those are character types are cliché or typical villains in videogames, movies, etc...that's not necessary a bad thing, but just saying.

As for Suikoden 6, I would like to see a "believer" for a villain. Sort of like in the movie Serenity, where that bad guy said "I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin. I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there...I'm a monster. What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done...and I am willing to die for my beliefs, are you?"

That's what i mean by believer, some one evil, who knows its evil, but has no doubts or fears about doing it anyway (not whinny about it like luc). This could be done well in the context if suikoden 6 if it was maybe done in the bases of the religious war, instead of civil, rebellion, or national wars like in the other games. I've talked on this premise before in other posts. With all the terrorists, extremists, and religious woes in the world today it could be not only relevant, but also could lay a foundation for a really good, or should I say Bad, main villain, which is what the series has lacked in the last few installments.
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

The best enemy is the one is not a bad guy, like Jowy.

Have a bad guy like Neclord or Luca in the middle of the game, and then have a "stupid" war because you know there is no bad guy who wants to destroy the world is a great idea, is what I like of Suikoden, maybe because Suikoden II was my first.
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Yeah, Jowy has shown that in order to become an antagonist, you don't need to be all evil.

A good antagonist is one whose beliefs may or may not be morally right but nonetheless differ than that of the protagonist.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.

Post by 727 »

I wouldn't mind a game where we play suikoden 2 through the eyes of Luca Blight.
A brand new Suikoden game with a well-written script!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Suikorok ... ?ref=br_tf
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

727 wrote:I wouldn't mind a game where we play suikoden 2 through the eyes of Luca Blight.

why? if your going to do that, it should be done from jowy eyes. you can have luca join your party if you want him that bad.
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

After re-playing Suikoden IV, I've learned to appreciate Graham Cray as a pretty good villain. He's probably the only villain / strategist in Suikoden, and he has some pretty thought-provoking quotes.
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

I would also say that Cray's voice actor puts together one of the better performances between 4, Tactics and 5
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

I thought he was a really good villain, creepy face/voice, kool back story, neat weapon, but I also REALLY enjoy suikoden IV so I dunno heh.
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
Simplicity

Post by Simplicity »

So far I am so fine with the villains of Suikoden except Suikoden 1...

it would be exciting if it was Hikusaak, something about his Rune...something that tells us why is he so concerned about the idea of maintaining the runes..
"We are beyond humanity. We are beyond Salvation" -Ada Wong, Resident Evil 6.
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

I don't know about Hikusaak being the main villian/antagonist. I prefer the idea of him being in the background/behind the scenes, slowly revealing more about him as the games go on. And then have some more obvious kind of 'bad guy' in the immediate/primary conflict.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

Totally Agree with you Nikisaur, They have been doing a great job so far, (except for tierkreis) I like the way they present the villains ( with the exception of the lack of barbarossa appearing in the first game)

I dont think I would want to see Hikusaak as a main villain, like she said, behind the scenes type thing, I would more appreciate.
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor