Rune ideas for Radio submission?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
JanusThePaladin

Rune ideas for Radio submission?

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Its been stated in the thread about the Suikoden Radio that where will be a segment in which the Fans may make suggestions about future runes. As much i thought it would be a good idea to put into writing some of our ideas, as one of the more presitgious american suikoden fanbases, and ask someone who can to bring them to the creators attention.

I for one would like to see a True Rune of Skill, that encompasses physical mastery, and self discipline.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Radio and Runes

Post by KFCrispy »

that's a good idea. i wonder if someone who knows Japanese can submit our ideas, or find out if they accept submissions in English...
Lovecraft_elder

Re: Rune ideas for Radio submission?

Post by Lovecraft_elder »

Does it have to be a True Rune, or just a Rune? I've been working with a Suikoden RPG-setting, and to make it fit properly, I've created a ton of additional Runes such as a Midnight Rune (child of the Night Rune), Illusion Rune (which obviously creates illusions), Pale Moon Rune (child of the Blue Moon Rune). Even though it isn't a True Rune, there is an Al Rune - a Rune that increases its host's skills (+2 in all class skills, for those of you who know D&D). In the beginning it seemed silly to incoperate these Runes into the universe, but they create a lot of balance. Well, even though it aint anything official, I guess I could submit a True Rune or something.

EDIT:
Well, I've a little bit of thinking, and if I should create a True Rune that would be a little like the majority of Konami's Runes, be beneficial for the player and be of essence to existence, I'd say a Void Rune or an Ether Rune (being the same thing). It would be a little like the Soul Eater Rune/Punishment Rune/Blinking Rune in terms of spells. Hmm... maybe this Rune is silly afterall.
"Everytime you try to drag real life physics into a fantasy setting, God kills a catgirl!" - Please, think of the catgirls!
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Thats not a bad idea at all Elder. I'm not sure about regular runes as well as True Runes, but whoever our correspondent is whom brings our ideas to konami should take everything we've got.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Dunnow if the DoReMi Rune is a True Rune (!!!!) but I'd like to see a True Sound Rune (sounds crappy) or Music/Melody or any name that fits best for a true rune of sound.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Lovecraft_elder

Post by Lovecraft_elder »

A True Melody Rune sounds nice, but that would be combining art and sound, no? I suppose there could be a True Art Rune, representing art, sensation or something like that. The Sound Rune would be entirely different.
"Everytime you try to drag real life physics into a fantasy setting, God kills a catgirl!" - Please, think of the catgirls!
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Perhaps something out of the box...

True Sight Rune. It would basically be a repository of all knowledge amassed across the ages in the universe. It can see the past, the present and the future.

Wielding it would probably be fatally flawed when a human is using it, so using it would probably cause all sorts of status effects (fatigue, blindness, etc.) on the bearer each time a glimpse of the distant past, the present/near future or the far future were seen. It would potentially be the reason there's a legend that foretells the end of time, where all True Rune bearers are to be the last people left.

Better yet would be the requirement that the bearer be blind in order to use this rune's power.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

LanceHeart wrote:Better yet would be the requirement that the bearer be blind in order to use this rune's power.
Hmm.. I like that idea!
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

A while ago, I came up with an idea for a Suikoden story revolving around a powerful, yet non-True Rune. Me just describing the Rune won't do it any justice unless I go into some of the lore I came up with. :wink:

So, around the era of the Sindar, there was another race known as the Recarians who worshiped the Rune of Beginning. They considered the Sindar to be sinners for constantly experimenting with other True Runes. Instead, the Recarians experimented with ordinary runes and ways to extract as much power as they can from one. For example, a low ranking rune mage could decimate an entire mountain with a single Fire rune.

Anyway, in an attempt to create a whole new breed of soldier, a scientist made off the the Rune of Beginning and used its power to create the Seed Rune. This new rune echoed the power of a True one but it's level of power relies directly on its bearer's state of mind. If the bearer becomes completely lost in despair, the rune will wither up and die.

In the main story, long after the disappearance of the Recarians (and 7 years after Suikoden 2), the Rune manifests itself in a giant fruit bearing tree near the Hero's home. And, in an absolutely shocking turn of events , the hero becomes its bearer. However, the rune soon becomes much more important to the hero than it normally would be. During a drought years before the events of the story, his village was left bone dry and almost completely devoid of vegetation. His mother, who was in labor, would have died along with his sister if no proper nourishment was found soon. Finding a single fruit on the tree outside, the Hero gives it to his mother and her life, along with his sister's, are saved. This in turn binds the sister to the Seed Rune. If the Seed Rune withers away and died, it'll take the hero's sister with it.

Okay, so maybe I just felt like talking about my old story. But yea, the Seed Rune. That's my idea.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

How nice =) That is very creative, I really like it. Good idea and nice creation + story.

anyways, the true rune i would like to think about is a rune where you stick on your FOREHEad! With that! you can read other people's mind, using it to solve mysteries that are going on in towns and villages. also, bearer will be capable of shooting EYE LASERS! hahaha! heh... don't mind me, it is just an idea
Nick Bruiser
Caim

Post by Caim »

What about the Muse rune. Rune of inspiration and creativity. It could be perfect for someone like a artist or tactiction.
cool_sei

Post by cool_sei »

Nemesis wrote: a rune where you stick on your FOREHEad! With that! you can read other people's mind, using it to solve mysteries that are going on in towns and villages.
eternal_sins wrote: I just thought of something. .
I would really love the Tenkai to be an archaeologist/historian
The family is infamous for being a sort of like researcher. .

Wondering why infamous?
Let say the Tenkai is a male. . His family is well under control of the Evil empire.
This mean that the people disliking the Empire dislike the Tenkai family.

Note* The family is a bunch of nice people. .

How does he get the rune?
The Empire found an ancient ruin thus asking the Tenkai family to explore it. .
The Tenkai wander alone and found some symbol scribbled on the wall. .
as i say the family was a 'well-known' archaeologist, he manage to dicipher the symbol.
The when he open a passage to a hidden place. .
And deep inside he found a True Rune. . . He was chosen. . .

How he became the Empire enemy?
When he recieve the TR blessing, there was a bright light. .
the Empire soldier saw this too and report it. . That night the family was under attack. .
His family knew that they wanted the rune. . so the parent sacrifice so that the Tenkai
and his brother can escape. . That when the war started. ..

So, my thought on his background is an Archaeologist.
Whoa. .being an archaeologist, he could even manage to find source about Sindar. .
Knowledgeable, nice plot, the rune is sure on the head :)
"I DeRivE mY hApPineSs fr0m mY pAsT. . .
MaNy taLes HavE yEt t0 bE toLd. . ."
Transcending_time

Post by Transcending_time »

If there's...
Rune of Bright Shield + Rune of Black Sword = Rune of Beginning

Why...
Rune of Fate + Rune of Destiny = Rune of Ending

...... just to be Parallel!
Jack of All Trades

Post by Jack of All Trades »

How about The Rune of Enlightenment aka the Rune of Enlightened Being.

I can see a game about a bodhisattva like character affecting the way people think. Creating a movement within an oppressed nation, that unintentionally draws the eye of the Emperor.

Or..

The Rune of Anarchy aka the Chaos Rune

The twist is that the hero starts on the side of the rebels who are led by the man possessing this rune. Upon learning of the endless pain and suffering the true rune wants to cause he helps reestablish the failing government by recruiting the 108 stars of Destiny.

or

Semsara Rune aka Rune of the False Prophet aka Reincarnation Rune

Semsara refers to the cycle of reincarnation. To continuously reincarnate is to never learn from your mistakes, to never reach enlightenment. I like the idea of a Rune that leads entire civilizations to ruin through corruption. I imagine it as a seductive and maybe even carnal rune that actively attempts to lead its bearer and everyone around into a damnation.
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

True Champion Rune - a.k.a. rune of glory and ruin - while the Rune of Beginning brings a war that decides something, this rune only bring petty war that only generates more war. The rune would function like Melfice horn from Grandia II, the bearer would look for stronger and stronger opponents and if this bearer is defeated in batlle, the winner would became the new holder of the rune and would carry its curse.

Rune of Magic, Knowlegde, Mind, etc - I was thinking that since we have the Beast Rune, which governs passion and fury/brutality, we could have the opossite: a rune which governs reason and coldness. Great for a country of wizards. The bearer would lose all emotion and do all kinds of terrible researches for adquiring knowlegde (fuse living being with monsters, kidnaps elfs and try to remove their essences, create weapons like rune cannons, etc).

All aspects of Knowlegde could be Child Runes: Inteligence, Wisdom, Creativity, Memory, Curiosity, etc...

I really liked this rune of Midnight. The sun rune have two child runes: dawn and twilight. The night have the star and I couldnt think of a second one (just to be equal). Great idea.
Transcending_time wrote:Rune of Fate + Rune of Destiny = Rune of Ending
Considering Suiko ends involve a conflict between Dharma and Chaos, in my opinion could be Rune of Ending = Rune of Dharma + Rune of Order