With the recent announcement of FF13 coming to the 360....

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Chaco

Re: With the recent announcement of FF13 coming to the 360....

Post by Chaco »

That, in my opinion, would be the easiest way to make a graphically impressive, multiplatform Suikoden.
I love the idea, but I dont see it happening. What's the chance all three systems will share the squire enix tools engine? Most likely they won't. It would be awesome if it came out for all 3, then a lot more people could play it. However if they do chosse just one I still hope it's Wii.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

That, in my opinion, would be the easiest way to make a graphically impressive, multiplatform Suikoden.
I love the idea, but I dont see it happening. What's the chance all three systems will share the squire enix tools engine? Most likely they won't. It would be awesome if it came out for all 3, then a lot more people could play it. However if they do chosse just one I still hope it's Wii.
-Chaco
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

You must not have heard much about the Crystal Tools engine -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Engine

It is cross-platform, even if there's no Wii projects yet.

And reportedly, they are receptive to licensing the engine, although 'there simply isn't enough documentation to properly support a public release' right now.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

You must not have heard much about the Crystal Tools engine -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Engine

It is cross-platform, even if there's no Wii projects yet.

And reportedly, they are receptive to licensing the engine, although 'there simply isn't enough documentation to properly support a public release' right now.
Thats interesting, no up until now I had not heard of this but thanks for telling me. If it does go through then that would mean more cross-platform games which would be good for everyone....Which I think was your point? But anyway I guess all we can do is wait and see what happens.
-Chaco
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

If what Vextor said was true a couple of years ago (that the entire Suikoden staff haven't been on other projects since Suikoden V) then that would mean they probably already worked on their own engine for the game, much like how Level 5 seem to have made their own for White Knight Chronicles/Story.

Considering how Microsoft loves to tout very loudly when it comes to any meager Japan-centric breakthrough, them not talking about anything remotely Suikoden related could mean they're not interested in promoting/pursuing the series because it wouldn't boost their visibility in the country.
Formerly known as: Gothann