Suikoden VI Coming To The PSP (Rumor)

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Hero_McDohl

Suikoden VI Coming To The PSP (Rumor)

Post by Hero_McDohl »

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=29106

I'm just glad it's not going to the Wii. It sucks because the game will prolly be much smaller than we're accustomed to. However, it could mean they are going back to the old school graphics(which I love). I imagine doing this would allow them to increase the size of the game as well. :mrgreen:
Jowy Atreides

Re: Suikoden VI Coming To The PSP (Rumor)

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I heard about this on Due Fiumi, but it's difficult to verify.

There's a topic in the Future Suikoden Speculation area for Suikoden VI news, just so you know.

I have a PSP, so thankfully I won't need to get a new console just for Suikoden. I've completed the FFT remake on the PSP, and it worked out just fine, so I think this could work, if the rumor is indeed true.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

I would prefer it comes out on the PSP rather than the DS, if its headed to a handheld. I can't stand playing games on those small screens (my eyes start to hurt after maybe ten minutes), so I'm thankful for the PSP-to-component cable adaptor. If something similar exists for the DS, then I take the previous statement back.

I'll move this to the Suikoden VI forum, because thats where it belongs.

It should be noted that this rumor was reportedly started by 2ch, which also started the S6 on Wii rumor. So its definitely just a rumor right now. Not that it couldn't be true.
Vincent of Scarlet Moon

Post by Vincent of Scarlet Moon »

Too many questions left unanswered for me to put much faith in it.

The original rumour itself has no source (and less information that the German and English sites are giving). The sites listed have no real source except each other, regurgitating the same news at each other in a cycle. Who is the Japanese wholesaler who removed the information? Why has no Japanese site even raised an eyebrow over this?

However, I should note that no-one ever found the supposed 2ch post which suggested Suikoden VI for the Wii. I believe that rumour was entirely fabricated, and not by 2ch.
xhus135

Post by xhus135 »

just found another article talking about this

http://www.psxextreme.com/psp-news/1278.html

i hope it is not true. i don't want to get a psp just for suikoden VI.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

xhus135 wrote:just found another article talking about this

http://www.psxextreme.com/psp-news/1278.html

i hope it is not true. i don't want to get a psp just for suikoden VI.
On that site it said it was a Japanese site, but from what I've read the game was on a German site and they called it Genso Suikoden. It didn't have VI on it.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
StalkerPizza

Post by StalkerPizza »

I just hope that VI doesn't come out for PC, Xbox, or PS3.
The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom
-Nyx Avatar from Persona 3-
EternalOnslaught

Hopefully if its true, we should hear something by the time E3 comes up. But you shouldn't take it too seriously because it may be another rumor like the Wii one.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I certainly hope it does not come out on the Wii, I was very happy when that rumor was dispelled. I have no intention of buying a Wii, as i've played it once or twice and the controller and system has no appeal to me whatsoever. I could go for the PSP, but i really hope its a home console.
Author

Post by Author »

Ps2 or PSP, because I plan on getting both JUST FOR SUIKODEN. Ps2 for S3, S4, S5, and Tactics. PsP for the re-release of S1 and S2

I was planning to ask my mom to buy Wii someday to and DS for Pokemon but...it's not worth it, even if Wii is just so amazing.

It BETTER NOT get out in Ps3 and Xbox -_-
EternalOnslaught

According to John Layfield at Due Fiumi 2ch has denounce the rumor about Suikoden VI being on the PSP. hopefully at E3 and TGS '08 will bring some news.
Braxiatel
Banned User

Post by Braxiatel »

I hope it's not true. I would prefer a console Suikoden VI.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

EternalOnslaught wrote:According to John Layfield at Due Fiumi 2ch has denounce the rumor about Suikoden VI being on the PSP. hopefully at E3 and TGS '08 will bring some news.
This.

Everyone seems to omit mentioning that the news originated on 2ch, the least reliable source of gaming news in Japan, unless actual pictures are shown (and even then...).
The Chrono Trigger news was true and probably preemptively spilled because of that one scan, though the lack of screenshot from the site that listed Suikoden PSP leads me to believe it's yet another "Suikoden 6 is coming!" hoax.

Heck, it could have simply been the retailer pulling Suikoden 1 & 2 from their listing.
Formerly known as: Gothann