Suikoden on pc/psp

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
renasma

Suikoden on pc/psp

Post by renasma »

Is there a way to get suikoden III-V and tactics on the above consoles as i don't have the Ps2 or any other console to play the games on
Runemaster

Re: Suikoden on pc/psp

Post by Runemaster »

uhh. heard of psx2.. can't confirm..
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I think there are emulators out there for the PC and as long as you're playing with a PS2 disc and not downloading a ROM it should be legal. I've never done this myself though so I'm not sure.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

PCSX2 is the most compatible PS2 emulator out there, though it's far from being able to run any games at 30/60 fps properly.

As for actual emulation, it SHOULD be legal to play with emulators, but isn't. Here's why: You actually need to dump a PS2 BIOS onto a file in order for the emulator to work. Downloading said BIOS is illegal and I'm pretty sure dumping it is just as illegal.
Formerly known as: Gothann
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

well i don't think it's really legal to have an emulator if you don't own the actual system. but anyway, the PS2 emulators out there right now require a high-end computer and there is a site that lists what it can play (and what parts of games it can't).

i doubt you would be able to run PS2 games at an acceptable level on the PSP even if you got all the software and ROM on it.
Mrs. Luca Blight

Post by Mrs. Luca Blight »

Where can I get the emulator?????
Currently making Suikoden fan-fict manga!!!
What Degree

Post by What Degree »

A simple search for Playsation Emulator and you'll find a site. Personally I say go for the Rom too if you want, thats what I did instead. Mind you I feel like I have done nothing wrong, maybe if they publishers would have put out more Suikoden II games I wouldn't have to take that route. If I could find the game at a decent price I would just buy it.