How did you end up finding your Suikoden games?

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
Falenan_descent

How did you end up finding your Suikoden games?

Post by Falenan_descent »

Suikoden 1 - Rented randomely at the video store back when I didn't have a PS so I played it at my friend's house. Then, after christmas, I went to Wal-mart and found it. So I bought it.

Suikoden 2 - I searched for YEARS to find it. I was obsessed with the series and HAD to have it but by the time I realized that it was limited in quantity and very rare...I was too late. But then I happened to stumble across a garage sale and found it unopened for $5.00. Needless to say, it's now *mine*.

Suikoden 3 - One of my friend's at school mentioned that he had bought it and I was like, 'whoa wtf bbq sauce!" and so I got it for my birthday :)

Suikoden 4 - I found out when it came out on the internet. I got it the day it came out with the guide. (Getting the guide for this game was probobly the best decision I ever made. Lol)

Suikoden V - Bought it the day it came out. No guide. :)
Angrylobster

Post by Angrylobster »

Suikoden I - Rented it randomly one time when going to blockbuster, I never looked back afer that. I must have rented it atleast 7 or 8 times before I finally got it for my birthday one year. Still my favorite rpg of all time.

Suikoden II - Read stuff about it online, but never actually found out when it was gonna be released. Then one day I went to an Electronics Boutique and bought Monster Rancher. Right after I bought that, I noticed Suikoden II sitting on the shelf. I couldn't believe it! Sadly we were in a rush that day for some reason(cant remember why) so I had to leave it that day. I finally bought it like a week or two later :)

Suikoden III - Bought it on release date.

Suikoden IV - Bought it a week or two after release date, traded it in not much longer after

Suikoden Tactics - Bought it near release date

Suikoden V - Bought it on release date
darkphoenix

Post by darkphoenix »

Suikoden : bought it second hand a few month after its release. I actually did not like on the first play, so I put it away for months before realizing how great it was

Suikoden 2 : bought new and played it 302510 times. Roughly. :P

Suikoden 3 : still waiting for it to be available in PAL. It s been 5 or 6 years now. I m considering chiping my PS2 (finally)

Suikoden 4 : bought in Summer 2005

Suikoden 5 : bought it on its release date. I took a week off jut for it. My best holiday ever.
chinista

Post by chinista »

Suikoden 1 - First game I had for my PS1 but sadly it was a pirated copy. Got the original one last year through Ebay.

Suikoden 2 - Again, got the pirated version first. Got the original one last year through Ebay with Suikoden 1.

Suikoden 3 - Purchased when it was released. (Learned my lesson!)

Suikoden 4 - Purchased when it was released.

Suikoden Tactics - Purchased through Ebay with Suikoden 1 and 2.

Suikoden 5 - Purchased when it was released.
Nanashi

Post by Nanashi »

Suikoden 1 - I got one from Ebay last 2002 (sold) and another one from a friend in the US for free!

Suikoden 2 - I got it from Ebay last 2002

Suikoden 3 - When became available locally few days from official US release

Suikoden 4 - When became available locally few days from official US release, then trade for a brandnew seal copy from a US trader

Suikoden 5 - When became available locally few days from official US release, then trade for a brandnew seal one from a US trader

Suikoden Tactics - Bought from US via the same US trader when it went on sale for $9.99.
sundown78

Post by sundown78 »

Suikoden - Just bought a copy on E-Bay the other day. $39.99 is a pretty damn good price for that game these days.

Suikoden II - Still trying! People ask for the moon in return. :(

Suikoden III - Picked up a copy at the Gamestop about a year or so after its release. This was my introduction to the Suikoden world, and I've been hooked ever since.

Suikoden IV - Gamestop, within a few weeks of its release date. Was very frustrated with it at first, but grew to enjoy it quite a bit.

Suikoden Tactics - Planning on picking it up once I receive and complete the first Suikoden.

Suikoden V - Picked it up on its release date. Love this game. :)
mjollnir

Post by mjollnir »

I purchased Suikoden on a whim probably around 1999, used. I thought the cover art looked like crap but it was around $15 used and I had money to burn. I was immediately entrenched in the game.

Since then, I bought every game on its release date.

There was the unfortunate incident where my Playstation 2 and all my PS2 games (including Suik. 3 were stolen a few years ago.
Suikoden 2 (as well as my memory card with all my saves) was in the console at the time.

So I had to repurchase those. Ended up going on Ebay and spending about $65 on the disc-only for Suikoden 2, and about half that on Suikoden 3....never regretted that decision.
oops

Post by oops »

Ok mine was rather str8 forward.

Suikoden - I brought from a 2nd hand game shop for about £8 around about 7 years ago?
Then one day had Suikoden one in my bag whilst playing football and someone saw it and said that they had that game also.

About a week later someone came upto me and asked if I would sell suikoden to them for £40.. I was like wow and remembered my m8 who also had the game. He told me when I next saw him that he did not want the game so I brought it off him for £10 then kept the best copy for myself and sold the other for £40 making myself a profit already 8)

(only turns out that about 2 weeks later the guy wanted his copy back because it was his friends... I lost it... or so I told him lol)

Suikoden II - I got as soon as it came out over here. Was really looking forward to this game as the 1st one had entertained me greatly for many hours, and of course this one did just that.

Suikoden III - I have to import and play with using a swap disc. Got that after it had been out about 4 months or so.

Suikoden IV - I got as soon as it was available over here

Suikoden V - Got about 3 weeks after it had come out over here

Suikoden Tatics - A game that I just had to get and did so about 6 months after it came out. Still have not completed this one as other games have taken me away. With it not really being part of the series and just an extra, then maybe thats why.
LadyRhia

Post by LadyRhia »

Suikoden I: The last one I ended up getting (sometime near the end of last year). A second hand shop had it for pretty much new (new game booklet though) and I got it for $60 Canadian.

Suikoden II: Picked it up shortly before I got the first. After scouring around like crazy and snapped it up as soon as I heard the same game shop I got the first one managed to get a copy (slightly used with a cracked case and no booklet). Set me back a fair bit but I don't regret it.

Suikoden III: Same second-hand game shop as above two. It was brand new though and was about $40. Got it some time last year.

Suikoden IV/Tactics: Don't have yet, probably wait until the summer since a lot of games have been coming out lately that I want more.

Suikoden V: A few weeks after it's release date. I had heard about Suikoden but hadn't really gotten into the series because I heard bad reviews about the 4th but the Vth was getting extreamly high opinions from everyone. Pretty much no shops in the area had it so I forgot about it for awhile until I was down in the US and got a new copy cheap. Best purchase ever.
GrymReaper

Post by GrymReaper »

Suikoden I: The disk only was in a CD book of games a friend let me borrow upon purchase of my first PSX (1997 I believe). I played it through and bought my own copy the week after. I never could understand why they didn't use the instruction booklet art for the US release...

Suikoden II: Pre-ordered it.

Suikoden III: Pre-ordered it about two weeks before it came out, completely on accident, as I was a bit out of the gaming loop in 2002.

Suikoden IV: Pre-ordered it.

Suikoden Tactics: Picked it up off the shelf, I didn't even realize it came out.

Suikoden V: Would've pre-ordered it, but I was counting on my little sister to tell me when it was coming out, as she manages an EB. She neglected to do so, as she "forgot" (I'm still trying to figure out how I pissed her off), but a stop by another EB about a week after it was released, coupled with a quick name-drop garnered me a copy and a pre-order bonus to boot.

Suikogaiden 1 & 2: Picked these up off of play-asia I think, they're PSOne Books versions, but I could really care less.

Suikoden Card Stories: I'm still working on this one...
JDF

Re: How did you end up finding your Suikoden games?

Post by JDF »

Suikoden I: Bought from some retrogame collector this year. (Played with emulator earlier)

Suikoden II: Red article about it and after that luckily found it from local gamestore. (2000) (first Suikoden game I got)

Suikoden IV: Going to buy it soon. Really love the sea atmosphere.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Suikoden I - Actually brought it brand new from gamespot almost a decade ago(currently doesn't have anymore :x )

Suikoden II - From a local pawnshop for $15, the dealer pocketed the money. Around the same time I got the first one. (currently doesn't have anymore :x )

Suikoden III - First time, my mom got it for me for christmas, brand new, second time I found it at gamestop for about $30 case, but the booklet wasn't included.

Suikoden IV - My girlfriend actually got this for me as a surprise when it first came out.

Suikoden V - Preorder it =)

Suikoden Tactics/Rhapsodia - Uhm..brought it brand new at gamestop? Nothing really worth mentioning.

PSP version I-II, Gaidens I-II, Card stories - I'll get it one day?
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Suikoden 2: My Dad randomly bought Suikoden 2 from the Cash Converters near my house for me for my birthday. IT WAS THE BEST PRESENT IVE EVER GOTTEN IN MY WHOLE LIFE!!

Suikoden 1: I went to the same store and found it! How damn lucky I was.

Suikoden 3: I bought it at EB for 40$ and was happy.

Suikoden 4: I heard it was bad but my friend really liked it so he let me borrow it then he moved and forgot to take it back lol!

Suikoden 5: I don't own it....Yet. But I have played and beaten it!
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Benthos

Post by Benthos »

Suikoden I: Gained from a friend

Suikoden II: Gained from another friend

Suikoden III: I don't have yet

Suikoden IV: Bought from stores

Suikoden V: Bought from stores
Sasarai Silverberg

Post by Sasarai Silverberg »

Suikoden III. Bought it at Gamestop roughly two years ago used for $30. Best 30 bucks Iv'e ever spent.

Suikoden IV. Bought at Gamestop for $30 new, right before it started becoming rare a year ago.

Suikoden Tactics. Bought at Gamestop for $18 used.

Suikoden V. Bought at Gamestop at same time with Tactics this weekend for $30 used. Unfortunatly, it came withought the case, but at least I have it, took me a while to find it.