Suikoden 1 Problem

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
phat magik

Suikoden 1 Problem

Post by phat magik »

Just curious to see if anyone has any fixes on this error I have with Suikoden (English). The game runs well up until the part where you try and sneak past these guards, I can't remember the town but it's where Viktor calls himself Schtolteheim Reinbach the jujube vendor. When I go to exit this area, the games music keeps playing but it black screens me.

Here is where this problem intrigues me though, the game doesn't run on a regular PSOne or a modded one and it also doesn't work on the original PS2 I tried. However it once worked on my friend brand new PS2, the flatter kinds.

Which means that it still works and it isn't broken but I can't figure out why it wouldn't work on anything but that PS2. Anyone run in to this before or have any ideas of what I could do? I may just try and get it to work on his PS2 again and save after but that is just a one time fix and a hassle to repeat again and again.
Gamer1826

Post by Gamer1826 »

Make sure it's clean, that's for sure. If it's not scratched beyond belief you could try to clean it off with Windex or something of that sort. Otherwise, I don't think the game costs that much. I could've sworn I saw it somewhere for under $30.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Speaking of scratches, some of the video game stores around where I live at charge a small fee and will use this machine that will remove the scratches from the disc, if that's the problem, if not I have no idea at all.

Though I am pretty sure you should've posted this somewhere else, oh well.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

EternalOnslaught wrote:Speaking of scratches, some of the video game stores around where I live at charge a small fee and will use this machine that will remove the scratches from the disc, if that's the problem, if not I have no idea at all.

Though I am pretty sure you should've posted this somewhere else, oh well.
im pretty sure that will only work if the scratches arnt to deep, i belive all they do is sorta wax the disc effectivly, so the scratches dont scrfew up the laser, but if the scratch is deep, and the data is actualy scratched, those wont help.

i think thats how it works anyway