Suikoden 1,2,3 European pal versions

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
rpgeeneus

Suikoden 1,2,3 European pal versions

Post by rpgeeneus »

hi newbie dunno if theres a threas for thi already but does anyone know where i can buy suikoden 1,2 and 3 in the uk anywhere apart from ebay or amazon
thanx 8)
RVallant

Post by RVallant »

I'd like to know this as well, but from what I do know it's only possible to get a US version of Suikoden 3 (as it hasn't been released in PAL format) so ebay is generally the only way for you to get it in Europe (you will need a US PS2 to play it though...)

You could always try some independent gamestores that sell used games if they have a PS section, but I can't really think of any that still do this... :(
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

RVallant: See up on the topic list.
rpgeeneus

Post by rpgeeneus »

im a 110% sure suikoden 3 was released in uk ive got suikoden 1 but unfornately it broke when i decided to replay after not playin it for donkeys i know of 1 place where i can get suikoden 2 from but i dnt think its reliable
thanx for tha info anyways
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

the uk is PAL format and Suikoden 3 was never released in Pal format..so no there is no suiko 3 in the UK..unless you import from USA
chinista

Post by chinista »

Go to Ebay. You could actually get the PAL versions for a cheaper price than the NTSC ones. It's a lot more rare but if you find it, it's all good!
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

Depending on where you are always check pre-owned games in stores as well as bargain bins etc cause you never know.

I known people who have found I & II for bargain prices like £12 pounds before :o
Some hooligan keeps disconnecting the alarm. I told Security to look into it. But no, no, they'd rather catch the guy who's stealing organs from the transplant ward!!
Night

Post by Night »

chinista wrote:Go to Ebay. You could actually get the PAL versions for a cheaper price than the NTSC ones. It's a lot more rare but if you find it, it's all good!
That's weird, I found it to be the other way around. In terms of conversion, the US ones always seem to sell for a lower price.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

I believe from what i can see concerning Ebay that seems correct that NTSC sells cheaper (generally than the equivelant PAL version.

Suikoden I is available on Ebay as Buy Now which can be compared but Suikoden II is not available much on Buy Now and bidding patterns and unpredictable and there is a wide range of bids so i have compared Suikoden I.

Concerning Suikoden I here is what i have noticed.

Buy it now offers on Ebay.com (US) start at $24.99 (usually) bid and are available to purchase staright away at $49.99.

$24.99 >> £12.79

$49.99 >> £25.58

Buy it now offers on Ebay.co.uk (UK) only are available to buy straight away and they are available for £55.

£55 >> $107.45

So it would seem there is certainly a trend that PAL versions sell for more than NTSC versions usually on Ebay wether this was the case when games is released i am unsure but will look into it, i remember that when Suikoden I was released in UK it retailed between £24.99 & £29.99 same for Suikoden II

Relevant links:

Ebay.com Suikoden search

Ebay.co.uk Suikoden Search

Currency Converter
Some hooligan keeps disconnecting the alarm. I told Security to look into it. But no, no, they'd rather catch the guy who's stealing organs from the transplant ward!!
doluir

:

Post by doluir »

where I can find the suikoden 1 for Colombia you paginate them as alone ebay they go to united states
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

Which do you use in Columbia? PAL or NTSC?

If NTSC then you need to be buying off Ebay.com but check is definate NTSC version of game and check if seller is able to post worldwide.

If PAL then you need to be buying off Ebay.co.uk but check is definate PAL version of game and check if seller is able to post worldwide.

Hope this helps.
reapz

Post by reapz »

Can the PSX emulator play NTSC versions of suikoden??
alsatian

Post by alsatian »

Yes, it can.