Suikoden 3: 2 covers?

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
jackstar

Suikoden 3: 2 covers?

Post by jackstar »

So I noticed Ebay sellers sometimes show 2 covers of Suikoden 3, one white and the other turquoise colored covers. I'm curious if Suikoden 3 United States/Canada version actually has different covers, and what's the reason for them. Is it due to 2 print runs or some other reasons I might not be aware of?
Last edited by jackstar on Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

Could you possibly link the two different ones?

I've only ever seen one.
jackstar

Post by jackstar »

turquoise

white cover

Perform a search on google images and quite a handful for the turquoise variants will turn up! :)
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

How interesting. I'm from canada and I have a white version. I'm not sure if my EBGames I got it from got it shipped from the US or if it was one of those French and English recased/instructioned Canadian versions.
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

Well, I got the White Version. And I'm from the UK. So obvious import there ;P

And looking at the greeny one, it's got a rating of RP. Meaning Rating Pending.

I'm guessing that's a pre-release cover. Nothing more.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

My EB got the white version. Target got the white one as well. I don't know about the other places. Those are the best 2 in my area for games.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Morridor

Post by Morridor »

My EBGames has the white version in their store. They have one used copy of it and I always think of buying it, but it's really really beat up. I asked to look at the disc once and it was pretty bad.

Danny
Konami RPG Stars / Suikoden Website!
Click this Link for the Official Suikoden Website for free Suiko Art Books + OSVs, DS Lites, and $250 Gamestop gift cards
Nanashi

Post by Nanashi »

The turquoise color is the pre-release cover art of Suikoden III for the US. It wasn't release/circulate as an actual cover for the US market but the white version alone.

The turquoise is based on the Japanese cover they just edited the NTSC-UC and the English title of Suikoden III.
jackstar

Post by jackstar »

okay let's check these out: 1 or 2.

I have the white version too, but I'm very curious about this turquoise cover. It might indeed just be a Photoshop edition but if it is an official variant I would like to further explore the reasons for it. ;)
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I also have a white verison and up until now I didn't even know that there was another color-__-

I think its fake...
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

I still say it's a pre-release variant and nothing more.

Mainly because they had an RP of the greenish one. Then it probably got rated. Then they probably changed the cover.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Nanashi wrote:The turquoise color is the pre-release cover art of Suikoden III for the US. It wasn't release/circulate as an actual cover for the US market but the white version alone.

The turquoise is based on the Japanese cover they just edited the NTSC-UC and the English title of Suikoden III.
Am I the only person that read this?
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:
Nanashi wrote:The turquoise color is the pre-release cover art of Suikoden III for the US. It wasn't release/circulate as an actual cover for the US market but the white version alone.

Am I the only person that read this?
nope, i did
jackstar

Post by jackstar »

I will refute the theory that the turquoise cover originated as a Japanese cover.

Play-asia.com's Suikoden 3 original cover

ncsx.com's Japanese Suikoden 3 The Best reprint

ncsx.com's Suikoden 3 Konami Dendou Collection

All 3 are white and I have yet to witness any Japanese Suikoden 3 in possession of a turquoise cover. Of course, I'm still keeping an open mind on the subject at hand despite providing proof to the contrary of a proposed answer.
chinista

Post by chinista »

the blue one is a concept. i'm glad they didn't pursue that because it would look really BAD.

speaking of covers, i wish they give out free suikoden 1 covers that feature the PAL/JAP cover... the US cover really SUCKS! sheesh what were they thinking?!