Suikoden 5, already?

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
Yamms

Suikoden 5, already?

Post by Yamms »

I just wanted to confirm this, a friend of mine that works at gamestop told me that they arn't recieving anymore copies of Suikoden 5 and that Konami has stopped making them. o_o;

Anyone know about this? He said the only copies they'll sell now is used ones and they'll be a higher price due to the fact that it's harder to find -gasp- so gamestop can make more money, or somthin.

Well considering I eventually wanna play it I'm wondering if I should buy it now x__x!!

Or.. basically what I'm TRYING to say is, did konami stop making suikoden 5 already? ty
jjrrs

Post by jjrrs »

I terms of just printing the game, I would think after almost 5 month it should have been stopped already since V is not like a top seller or anything. I do think for sure V is in much shorter supply than IV was, but then again I was told tactics was very low printed when it was released and there was every indication that it is in relatively low supply since only video game stores and select electronic stores carried it, yet it is still widely available after all this time...

The only thing I can see that may be a sign of what you are saying is that bestbuy, target and circuit city have already pulled V from it's games list, but I'm not even sure circuit city or target sold it to begin with, I know bestbuy did though. And despite the fact I have yet to see V sold in any walmart I been to in my area, you can still order it on their website as well as from gamestop's site.

I think as of now, 90% of gamestops and major game carriers like Frys or Toysrus will still have enough copies of the game to last at least until the end of the year unless if there is somehow a rush to get it all of a sudden. So until then I don't think there will be much of a problem with V's supply.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I bet you could find one at a decent price at EB, if there's one near you.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

this is the exact reason ive turned to buying them when they first come out.

1,2, and 4 i had to hunt for
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

I've found all mine relatively cheap used, I usually don't have a problem seeing any of the PS2 Suikodens on the shelves. Original Playstation may pose a problem... luckily I think I managed to get the 2nd game before it turned into a super hit title that everyone needed.

However, I do have a Suikoden 4 that came without the manual, and it's been driving me crazy.
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

I learnt my lesson and pre-ordered Suikoden IV and Tactics. Just twiddling my thumbs waiting for V now.

Shame III never came out here and I hadda import it ;P
Morridor

Post by Morridor »

E-bay is usually a pretty good way of finding rare games. You can usually get it cheaper, too. Well, it depends on the game.

Danny
Konami RPG Stars / Suikoden Website!
Click this Link for the Official Suikoden Website for free Suiko Art Books + OSVs, DS Lites, and $250 Gamestop gift cards
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

man suikoden 3 is already getting to be expensive im not surprised if suikoden 5 is going to be rare in a few years. i love that game thogh :P
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

Wow. Either there's going to be another shipment or Suikoden V's already practically sold out in England. And it was out Friday.
"Deathblow" G

Post by "Deathblow" G »

I found V new for $40 at gamestop. Even bought a new (well used) ps2 so I could play it.