Suikoden 1 & 2 on PS2?

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
mpieco

Suikoden 1 & 2 on PS2?

Post by mpieco »

PS2's can play playstation games, correct?

So, if I want to play the first two games on my PS2, am I going to need anything special, other than an original playstation memory card (im assuming I can't save on a ps2 memory card)?

I don't think so, but I just wanted to double check. Thanks in advance.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

*sigh* You don't need anything special for the playstation games other than the psx memory card. PS2 games CAN play psx games with no problem at all.
mpieco

Post by mpieco »

excuse me for asking. i don't think the *sigh* was necessary. I'm not as all-knowing as you. ;-(

thanks though.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Yes, do try to be nice to our new members. . . unless they're double posting, have a large avatar or didn't use the search engine before creating a new topic, then rip them apart! haha just kidding.

Some games don't work on the PS2, Final Fantasy Anthology has a lot of trouble I've heard, there are a few other very rare and unusual games that don't work at all. But, the vast majority of games work fine, as do the two Suikodens.
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

if you have an older ps2 you might have trouble.
mine is really picky, itll play crhono cross disc 2, but not 1
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

My PS2 has had no trouble with my FF Anthology, or Chrono Cross, I don't have very many psx games only about 33, but all of them work fine, though Breath of Fire III has trouble, but it had trouble on my psx as well, being as scratched up as it is >.< *curses her sister to no end*

And the sigh was not meant to be rude or anything, just a "You could have tried it before you made the thread" kind of sigh. I tried to play my Suikoden III on my psx when I got it just to see what would happen, and it didn't play it but I had tried.
mpieco

Post by mpieco »

i would have tried, but i don't actually have the games yet. that's why I was asking. otherwise, it would have been a waste to get them.

but i was pretty sure they could, but thanks for confirming. hopefully once I do get them, I don't have any trouble.