Reprint of Suikoden 2

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
merlin

Reprint of Suikoden 2

Post by merlin »

I don't know if this has been brought up yet on this forum but I might as well bring it up. But there is a company called Game Quest Direct that does Reprints of rare or hard to find video games. Now this company is in negotions with Konami to do a reprint of Suikoden 2 to be sold for 40 dollars. Now this seems like a reliable source because I have looked on the net for info on this and it brought up several different news pages. This is the company that reprints games is selling over $100 on ebay and it is very possible that Suikoden 2 might be reprinted sometime this year. This is the url where you can get the info at:
http://www.siliconera.com/2006/01/16/th ... -reprints/

Now this isn't an old rumor since it came out about 3 months ago and I have checked the forums and there is no record of this.
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

thats the perfect idea, more developers should jump on, they get more money, more exposre, and dont have to do jack
Lourde Incarnadine

Post by Lourde Incarnadine »

Actually, I had a topic about this, but this part of the forum is where I SHOULD have put it; it's in the SuikoII Gameplay Forum. <_<

I edited it with a note asking mods to move it, but no dice.

I'm certainly in favor of the reprints, even if I already have a copy; the only people who would lose out are eBay speculators. And frankly, it's hard to feel sorry for them; speculation is by its very nature a gamble, and sometimes you lose a gamble. I always felt sorry for the people who earnestly wanted to try Suikoden II out, but could only find it for exhorbitant prices from eBay vultures. It's a good deal for Konami, too, since they're basically getting paid again for something that they've already done the work for and that they're getting paid for the cost of production so that there's no risk to them involved.

More power to the gamers, and more power to GamesQuestDirect. Especially if they get the rights to reprint something that I don't have, like Valkyrie Profile. :wink:
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

of course, i do think that tehre should be a way to tell if its a reprint, for collecters sake
nocturne1337

Post by nocturne1337 »

fd
Last edited by nocturne1337 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
'and it was like knocking four quick times on the door of unhappieness'
Koujirou

Post by Koujirou »

Wow, I seriously hope they get the go-ahead from Konami to make Suikoden II reprints. My first 'true' exposure to the series was V, and I'd love to get to play the older games(I just ordered a copy of III earlier, actually. Which I did play before, but I don't think I gave it a fair enough chance before deciding I didn't care for it).
Queens Knight

Post by Queens Knight »

I highly recommend that you play Suikoden 1 and 2, 1 is a good game, the graphics arn't that good, and some of the dialouge falls flat, but for the most part its probally in my opinion, the third best suikoden behind SII and right behind SV.
Suikoden 2 is the best in the series and i think a lot of other people feel that way, if you can, try to play Suikoden 1 before 2, it will add to the experience. :)
nocturne1337

Post by nocturne1337 »

im going to get all the suikos and beat them twice...i got 5 first then 3 and now im playing 2 and then 1 and then 4 and then all of them all over again.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

nocturne1337 wrote:im going to get all the suikos and beat them twice...i got 5 first then 3 and now im playing 2 and then 1 and then 4 and then all of them all over again.
That's lovely and I'm sure you could sell it to Hollywood to make a movie about it but please try and stay on topic in future.
nocturne1337

Post by nocturne1337 »

oh im sorry! :roll:

i was explaing how in conjuction witht he other member saying you should play suiko 1 to enjoy suiko 2 better that i was going to play them all twice due to the fact that i did not buy the games in order. :!:
Stormfist

Post by Stormfist »

It's the same exact company that reprinted Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, and Rhapsody. I hope they do that with other games, I also seen Hoshigami and Sayuki: Journey West.
jjrrs

Post by jjrrs »

What about the fact that stores which were big PSone game sellers like gamestop and walmart have just stopped carrying all PSone games? where would they even sell it? I guess they would just pop up in the used bins in gamestop like persona 2 but they have stopped taking trade in 2 month ago on PSone games there is hardly any supply any more. I hope this doesn't happen to keep one of suikoden II's greatest traits, if reprinted to the people who don't really know about the game it's gona be known instead of being:"that great RPG you can never get", it'll be changed to:"that one used PS game we still have 2 copies of..."
prime_2004

Post by prime_2004 »

well, they could always sell the games directly to the public, if gamestop won't carry PS1 games anymore. I mean a website that sells PS1 games at a decent price to gamers who still want the games, could be a good idea. :)
WeaponXcalibur

Post by WeaponXcalibur »

what about a remake of it for ps2 or ps3 with updated graphics?
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

WeaponXcalibur wrote:what about a remake of it for ps2 or ps3 with updated graphics?
nooooooooo.

no updated graphics.

just make a suikoden collection, with all the games.

i dont want to see either suikoden in 3d, i like there unique 2d look