Reprint of Suikoden 2

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
Yamms

Post by Yamms »

I agree, there's nothing wrong with sprites x__x (NOW in 3D!! is not always the best decision !)

Anywho this is an amazing thing :D I fell in love with suikoden 1 that was like 12 bucks and 2 weeks ago after about 3 years I finally got a copy of the second one for 60 bucks (still playin it.)

-off topic- I'm not sure who said gamestop stopped selling ps1 games but that's not entirely true! I do know that gamestop has stopped accepting brought in ps1 games for cash and store credit though (thus haulting it I guess anyway @_@)
jjrrs

Post by jjrrs »

prime_2004 wrote:well, they could always sell the games directly to the public, if gamestop won't carry PS1 games anymore. I mean a website that sells PS1 games at a decent price to gamers who still want the games, could be a good idea. :)
yeah but there is no way this site that no one's even heard of can make enough money to cover themselves if they can only sell the game online.

I think if this company remakes the game there will be much more negatives than positives for the north america fans. First of all, the prestige that suikoden II has for being a super rare game is gone, so instead of lots of people looking for the game to experience it's greatness, it will just be another over priced PS game sitting in that bin which no one even looks at any more.

Also for all the true fans who did pay $80-200 for the game in the past few years, you are all screwed. Who gains? this site/company(maybe), gamestores that already gouge people on used games, and those who aren't fan enough to keep their game that sold it to rip off the ones who loved the game(if you really did have some life or death reason to sale your copy of II for money I guess that's fine, but most people just did it for quick cash)

And lastly, how hard is it really to just play II if you really wanted to? Yes the game isn't cheap to buy but everyone can afford to pay $80 to get something they love, will enjoy, and be proud to own. What other game can you feel that way about while knowing it retains it's value? as that new release you just paid $50+tax for a week ago is now worth less than half that amount, soon to be almost worthless... And not that I endorse pirating games but in this case if you want to do it out of love for suikoden, it'd cost you no more than $30 to play this game if you were to download it and find one way or another to play it. So for those who say they can't play it because they don't have it, you are either not trying hard enough to play this game or you just don't care enough anyways, it's not the game's fault.

Sorry if you are just someone who already put in more effort than you would normally do to get a video game but have yet to be able to play II. This is nothing new, so for everyone who has just lost out on a chance to get a copy of the game, there is someone else who is super excited that they just got their hands on one of the best games ever through their efforts or luck. It's not that hard, keep trying with just a bit of effort and you will soon be the one others envy for getting to play such a great game. When you do get to play it, it will be much sweeter knowing you are enjoying something special, and that's a feeling saving a few bucks will never get you.
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

jjrrs wrote:
prime_2004 wrote:well, they could always sell the games directly to the public, if gamestop won't carry PS1 games anymore. I mean a website that sells PS1 games at a decent price to gamers who still want the games, could be a good idea. :)

And lastly, how hard is it really to just play II if you really wanted to? Yes the game isn't cheap to buy but everyone can afford to pay $80 to get something they love, will enjoy, and be proud to own.
really? funny i cant, and i know several people who cant afford to just throw 80-200$ around for a game
jjrrs

Post by jjrrs »

And lastly, how hard is it really to just play II if you really wanted to? Yes the game isn't cheap to buy but everyone can afford to pay $80 to get something they love, will enjoy, and be proud to own.
really? funny i cant, and i know several people who cant afford to just throw 80-200$ around for a game
Okay, like I said, there are other ways to play the game if someone really don't have $80, but if you just get the game it's never gona be much more than $80. Lets just say anyone who know of the suikoden series and played any of the games can afford to buy a game a month, you do the math and tell me what is a better deal: suikoden II for $85 which will likely still sell for the same amount if they really need the money in 2 month, or buy a new $45 game a month that each is worth about $20 at most, either trade in or resale anywhere else after that same time frame.

If "these people" don't care enough about the game to consider it to be as fun or entertaining as your spare affair new releases, then they shouldn't be bitching about how they can't afford it. And I don't think "these people" should deserve to get the game cheap when they don't even care enough about the game or do that math, while everyone who did care to buy the game at a high price and made efforts to get a copy see their prized item take a major dip in value. Since Konami don't even care to attract new fans with reprints, why should I want some online reprint company, gamestores and those people that don't really care to get their money? I'd much rather see the devoted fans retain what they deserve.
Yamms

Post by Yamms »

That's just jealousy. o.O

I mean, I bought and found the only suikoden 2 with in 200 miles of me and it was beat up! I couldn't even play it with out that one disk cleaner.. I woulda prefered a new copy -.- (I had to look it up on gamestop.com, call a gamestop that takes 3 hours to drive to, and ask them to ship it to my gamestop so I could buy a scratched up old game for $60 bucks!)

Sure it took long and hard for the rest of us to get the game but you can't condem all the other people who couldn't afford it or find it because you don't think they're "fan" enough. They deserve the experience and the story just as much as the next person. :o
jjrrs

Post by jjrrs »

Yamms wrote:That's just jealousy. o.O

I mean, I bought and found the only suikoden 2 with in 200 miles of me and it was beat up! I couldn't even play it with out that one disk cleaner.. I woulda prefered a new copy -.- (I had to look it up on gamestop.com, call a gamestop that takes 3 hours to drive to, and ask them to ship it to my gamestop so I could buy a scratched up old game for $60 bucks!)

Sure it took long and hard for the rest of us to get the game but you can't condem all the other people who couldn't afford it or find it because you don't think they're "fan" enough. They deserve the experience and the story just as much as the next person. :o
Jealousy of what? Once again you can play the game one way or another for less than $80 if you just don't want to pay, and if you do pay you would get much more out of that money and feel better about your purchase than any other game you'd buy. I'm not condemning everyone who doesn't have the game to not be fan enough but it is obviously not cheap or easy to own a copy of the game, so if you just want a cheap copy to satisfy whatever minor problem you are having yourself because you are just too lazy to find a way to play it(buy it, find it, download a copy to play with a mod system, emulator, HDL, whatever), what about all the people that paid top dollar for the game every day for the past few years?
Futagi

Post by Futagi »

In all honesty though, if they did reprint the game, and I had already paid $80 for my copy of Suikoden II, well...I'd be just fine with that. Even if the value of my game went down money-wise, I'm enough of a fan of Suikoden II that it'll always have the same value to me.
With a reprint people who want to try the game get their chance to do so at a reasonable price, my favorite game is becomes more accessible for even the casual fan to give a try, and the only ones who lose are the ones who want to sell the game for unbelieveable sums of money on ebay.
I paid $80 for the game NOT so that I could play it, get the experience and then sell it back; I did it to own it. If it's value on ebay goes down because of reprints, well, it doesn't effect me. I never intended to sell it. And with reprints, if my friends want to buy it at a reasonable price, they can. And the fandom of my favorite game grows.
Hello Suikoden-type people:D
jjrrs

Post by jjrrs »

I wouldn't mind a reprint either if it was Konami reprinting it in attempt to expand fan base for future games, but I'm not gona be feeling sorry for anyone else and support this when some company is doing it to make money and that's the only reason, since obviously they wouldn't be trying to reprint the game if they won't make enough of a profit to satisfy themselves.
Koden

Post by Koden »

I was looking for TWO YEARS for a copy on Suikoden ONE! That's not even as rare as Suikoden II! Granted, it will decrease the value, but think about it honestly. Trying to find a working copy of Suikoden II is right next to impossible. How many people will literally dance with joy at the chance of getting the game they've searched farr and wide for? I think that, as fans, we should try to help those of us "less fortunate" (for lack of a better term, lol). WE HAVE TO STICK TOGETHER! (I can't believe I just used that cliche...)

And if you are a rabid, dedicated fan (like me!), what you can do is get the remake, just for playing sake, until you can find an original. It does take a lot of effort, but at least you won't be deprived while looking. =] Then, when you do find an original, you can sell the remake, if you want. Some collectors (again, like me) will collect remakes as well. (I use this method with the Sonic the Hedgehog games too...^_^)

I think I speak for everyone when I say "YAY! MORE SUIKODEN! ^_^"

Is there really another downside to this?
chinista

Post by chinista »

So what happened to the reprinting? Nada. None. Bye.
Greywolf

Post by Greywolf »

I personally don't think they'll reprint the old games that way... Much more likely is an idea that one person brought up in this thread -- a "Suikoden Collection" of some sort, published by Konami. Think about it -- the company takes some games it has code for, puts them all on one PS3 disc, and sells them with some special features for a good price. This worked wonderfully for the Megaman series, as the Megaman collection for the PS2 is composed of Nintendo 1 games, and plenty of people still bought that. As for individual repeats of old games, I am not sure that would be as popular. I mean, how many Suik fans are there who have wanted to play I & II but couldn't, and played all the other games? Probably the number is considerable, but not huge enough to make a top selling game. Just my two cents. :D
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

Aren't Sony allowing PS1 game downloads via PS3 soon?
reapz

Post by reapz »

suiko 1 n 2 shud never 'go 3d' i think the 2-d'ness about then is what partly makes them great
nocturne1337

Post by nocturne1337 »

I agree making those 3d would turn them into different games.
'and it was like knocking four quick times on the door of unhappieness'