Suikoden 5, Europe.

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
Wraith

Suikoden 5, Europe.

Post by Wraith »

Once again as always europe is the last one to get this new game...

You can understand my frustration as it will very likely take an enormous time for Suikoden 5 to get released here. Like I have stated before I decided to Import Suikoden 5. Now I have found myself to be in a predicament. How much I may try to google for it I cannot find a Belgian/Dutch store that can ship it from America. Either I am bad with google or they practicly don't exist.

What I ask is if any european people here have found a store that could shipt this, preferably close to Belgium.
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

Try ebay in google. Go in.
Then search for suikoden V in videogames and consoles.

My experiences with ebay have been very good.Good luck!
Night

Post by Night »

I've just pre-ordered mine through Gamestop, and so they're shipping it straight to the UK for me. They ship to Belgium too (I just checked), and for me it worked out about $70 including p&p, so a bit cheaper than it would be in the UK out of the shop :)
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Zombee

Post by Zombee »

...why not just get someone from the boards you're chummy with to snag it for you and send it your way? Just as long as you trust 'em, you can transfer the money no prob with Paypal.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Zombee wrote:...why not just get someone from the boards you're chummy with to snag it for you and send it your way? Just as long as you trust 'em, you can transfer the money no prob with Paypal.
I don't have Paypal, its also not possible to suscribe to paypal without a credit card in Belgium. And I really wouldn't know who, on this forum, I can really trust. I suppose I'l just use E-bay ^^. I didn't know they had Games for sale pre-release.
Fiale

Post by Fiale »

Kinda related to this subject.... has anyone yet tried to use Suikoden V with Swap Magic 3.3, or any version of Swap Magic?

I'd like to import it (can't be bothered to wait for it to come out over here, and risk it going the same way a Suikoden 3 did), but I'd also like to be sure I can play it first.

Any info folk can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Fiale wrote:Kinda related to this subject.... has anyone yet tried to use Suikoden V with Swap Magic 3.3, or any version of Swap Magic?

I'd like to import it (can't be bothered to wait for it to come out over here, and risk it going the same way a Suikoden 3 did), but I'd also like to be sure I can play it first.

I have Swap MAgic v3.3. I'l get Suikoden 5 in a week or less. I'l try it out and I'l repost in this thread if it works or not.
Fiale

Post by Fiale »

Thanks Wraith, much appreciated.
Night

Post by Night »

Fiale wrote:Kinda related to this subject.... has anyone yet tried to use Suikoden V with Swap Magic 3.3, or any version of Swap Magic?

I have 3.3. Works like a charm. At the start of the game the dialogue was a bit choppy (the opening cut scenes) but it hasn't happened since.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Night wrote:

I have 3.3. Works like a charm. At the start of the game the dialogue was a bit choppy (the opening cut scenes) but it hasn't happened since.
The choppyness depends on your TV. And it depends on how you boot it with your Swap Magic. In my case the screen possitioning is perfect(also no choppyness) if I boot it up without changing it to NTSC. if I do then I get choppy sound/image and bad screen(as if everything suddenly shrunk and fattened.)
Fiale

Post by Fiale »

Ahh, glad to hear it does work, great! Thanks for the info!
Night

Post by Night »

Wraith wrote:The choppyness depends on your TV. And it depends on how you boot it with your Swap Magic. In my case the screen possitioning is perfect(also no choppyness) if I boot it up without changing it to NTSC. if I do then I get choppy sound/image and bad screen(as if everything suddenly shrunk and fattened.)
AH, I should have explained better. I have no choppiness in terms of graphics, in *some* of the cut scenes the voice acting is choppy. A couple of sentences will be said, then it repeats the last few words and continues for another couple of sentences, then repeats last few words etc. I've got used to this, though, because for some reason it doesn't happen all the time. It also helps because the sound in the cut scenes is totally out of sync with the images, so the repeating helps stop the video from getting too far ahead of the sound.

As to the screen, I only ever boot it up in PAL because anything else resulted in the game becoming black and white. However, I haven't tried it on my new TV yet, so I'll have to see if that happens again.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Night wrote:
Wraith wrote:The choppyness depends on your TV. And it depends on how you boot it with your Swap Magic. In my case the screen possitioning is perfect(also no choppyness) if I boot it up without changing it to NTSC. if I do then I get choppy sound/image and bad screen(as if everything suddenly shrunk and fattened.)
AH, I should have explained better. I have no choppiness in terms of graphics, in *some* of the cut scenes the voice acting is choppy. A couple of sentences will be said, then it repeats the last few words and continues for another couple of sentences, then repeats last few words etc. I've got used to this, though, because for some reason it doesn't happen all the time. It also helps because the sound in the cut scenes is totally out of sync with the images, so the repeating helps stop the video from getting too far ahead of the sound.

As to the screen, I only ever boot it up in PAL because anything else resulted in the game becoming black and white. However, I haven't tried it on my new TV yet, so I'll have to see if that happens again.
Well I also meant sound. Mostly its both but sometimes its just one of them. I suppose if your TV is capable of 60Hz then it should be able to boot perfectly(perfect sound/graphs) if you experiment a little (there should be a difference between PAL and NTSC).
Fiale

Post by Fiale »

Ahh, yeah, I have seen that kinda thing happen once or twice when using Swap Magic to play a NTSC game in PAL mode.... not always, but sometimes.

NTSC games have alway worked perfectly for me when used in NTSC mode, so I figured that Swap Magic's NTSC to PAL conversion was a little less than perfect.
Night

Post by Night »

Considerably less than perfect!

But I tried booting up the game for the first time in both Normal and NTSC modes, and it's a huge improvement. Guess my old TV just couldn't handle the 60Hz. I'd never have even thought of trying it again unless you hadn't advised me, so cheers for the help. Totally improves the gaming for me :)