[US] Suikoden V pre-ordering

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

I just received my pre-order bonus pack today from EB Games. It's pretty sweet, and the game is only a week away!
PSN: FreshMetal80
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

question to those who got the pre-order material already--when did you make your pre-order?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

another question

did you get a music cd? or just an artbook?

if there's no cd than maybe the music cd will be in the packaging like Rhapsodia?
SkooBoi

Post by SkooBoi »

Hmm would it be alright to pick up the pre-order material when I pick up the game?
Shigure

Post by Shigure »

How long does EB Games hold your game after it is released? I've already put down 10 dollars, I'm simply worried that EB will try and pull a fast one. I'm just nervous as this is my first pre-order.
Now, they told me at the store that there IS a pre-order bonus but they "don't know what" and "last time, they sent an art book or sumthin'" and then the guy tried to get me to buy an animal crossing plushie... Lol.

Is there any rumors of any other pre-order bonuses?
ilal2ielli

Post by ilal2ielli »

Just checked EB and Gamestop's sites... Gamestop now says that preordering S5 will net you the art book and music CD, so anyone who had doubts before will not have to worry, I'm sure EB's preorders will also have the bonuses, but they aren't advertised.
Veritas

Post by Veritas »

only a couple days to release, yet my gamestops in the area still have no idea what i'm talking about. WTF!
War solves everything, No man, no problem
~ Joseph Stalin
Beelzebub

Post by Beelzebub »

It's the same where I live, except that the peoplf know of the bonus and don't know when they will get it. I think they won't get the preoder stuff until the game is released if they don't have it already.
"Who can you pray to? Only demons and fiends are here."
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Trant

Post by Trant »

I drove to a local EB and asked if they had the pre-order bonuses. They had it so I put down a fiver and received my art book.

The music CD is included INSIDE the artbook.

The artbooks are already popping up on ebay, but just call around and I'm sure one of your local Gamestops or EBs will have it.

PS: I don't know if they have the games yet, otherwise I would be begging them to break the street date. :twisted:
Futch02

Post by Futch02 »

Yep, same here. You should get the artbook and CD if you pay in full for your reservation, I believe. At least, that's what seems to be the norm around here.
Darkillumina

Post by Darkillumina »

I never pre-order Suikoden. Reason being that it simply is always in stock. So instead of making two trips I make one trip and simply ask them for the pre-order bonus when I buy because I know they have it and more often then not they want to get them off their hands. Thats what I did with Suikoden IV. Bought the game then asked the guy if he could give me the pre-order bonus that came with it. Voila instant artbook!
Beware my power, because my might may not be on the side of right.
koolcblue

Post by koolcblue »

I know this isn't the place for this but is the game out today (3/21)?? Has anyone gotten a copy yet, Suikoden IV came out on the day that was listed as the ship day, so I figure V would too. (And I was planning on getting it today because we don't have school tomorrow... haha)
When we called EB they said it'd be there 3/21 but I read on the suikox forum it won't be out till wednesday! Anyway, someone let me know.
-- CML --

Those Silverberg's always coming over unannouced...
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

dude, give the stores a chance to open up. Most game shops open at like 11am or something and that means as of this post there has been a grand total of about a min to get the game.
Buff

Post by Buff »

no the game doesn't come out today. it will be out tomorrow. just went to the ebgame where i have it pre ordered and they said it'll be out tomorrow. but at least i have the art book and cd.
Basel

Post by Basel »

If you view "My Orders" under ebgames.com you can see that the "PROMO SUIKODEN V ART BOOK" is included :D.

EBGames sent the billing Information to UPS as of March-21-2006 but the shipment was not picked up yet.

EDIT:
* I placed my order on January-31-2006.
* I did not receive any shipping confirmation email from EBGames yet.

EDIT2:
I have just received a shipping confirmation email from EBGames :D. I went to UPS website right away and the tracking information shows that my copy was picked up at 21/03/2006 21:48. I am happy that they work up to this late time in the day.
Last edited by Basel on Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser