[US] Suikoden V pre-ordering

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

teh ebgames site is only us tho, im in canada. theres been bonuses on tehre before that havent been here, and my eb told me they didnt know anything
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

warmaster670 wrote:teh ebgames site is only us tho, im in canada. theres been bonuses on tehre before that havent been here, and my eb told me they didnt know anything
You can still order the bonus through the US website and they'll ship it to Canada and convert the money and all that, but as I said previously, doing that makes the game even more expensive.
Night

Post by Night »

Oppenheimer wrote:
warmaster670 wrote:teh ebgames site is only us tho, im in canada. theres been bonuses on tehre before that havent been here, and my eb told me they didnt know anything
You can still order the bonus through the US website and they'll ship it to Canada and convert the money and all that, but as I said previously, doing that makes the game even more expensive.
Strangely enough, the EBGames site seems to ship everywhere but the UK, so I ended up buying from GameStop (who, interestingly enough, are in talks to buy out the company I work for at the moment). Cost me just over $55 in the end including P&P, which is good because I'll be paying roughly $54 here when it comes out and that's with my staff discount! (About $80 full price).
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

i woulda orders it thru the website but i think its like, $20 shipping, which i cant really afford
Buff

Post by Buff »

dum dum dum ebgames has no droped their prices 10$. it is now 39.99 like gamestop. 8)
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

yup its true, alls right in the world of suikoden :D
Buff

Post by Buff »

i just took my extra 10$ and put it down on the game book. :)
ilal2ielli

Post by ilal2ielli »

...and apparently, Gamestop now has SuikoV set for 3/21 release, while EBGames still has it set at 3/28.
Buff

Post by Buff »

that's the big talk going around right now. hopefully the actual release date is really set for the 21.
Basel

Post by Basel »

For those who pre-ordered online using EBGames. All you have to do is send them an email or make a phone call to get the new price :).
Hello Basel,

Thank you for contacting EBgames.com.
The changes you requested have been made to your order. Please keep in mind that changes made over the phone or through email may not reflect on the web site.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this email.

Sincerely,
Sergio
EBgames.com

Original Message Follows:
-------------------------

Hello,

Q1: Will you chage my order #xxxxxxxx the old price of Suikoden V or the new one? You recently dropped the price of Suikoden V from $49.99 to $39.99 but my order still shows the old price.

Regards,
Basel Mahdi
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

That's wonderful Basel. I shall send an e-mail to them immediately. I didn't expect them to be nearly that helpful.

Edit: They did update my price soon after I asked. They were very helpful.
Last edited by Oppenheimer on Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shigure

Preorder

Post by Shigure »

I've never preordered before and I'm VERY interested in that Suikoden Artbook, and it's nearing release. I don't have a local Gamestop but I do have a local EBgames. Money's not really an issue and neither is patience, however could someone outline all the stuff I'd have to do to get that preorder bonus?

Example; Do I have to walk in, request the preorder bonus, can I order the bonus online, is it naturally assumed that I GET the bonus if I do order online?

Anything'll help. Thanks in advance and sorry for the inconvience.

~ Shigure
Basel

Post by Basel »

Read this topic from start to end.
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
Beelzebub

Post by Beelzebub »

Woo, I've missed alot ._.
I'm not sure, but I think that the gamestop preorder is store specific, because mine still doesn't know about it. I'm going to call others to find out some things, but so far none of the stores within my location know of anything.
"Who can you pray to? Only demons and fiends are here."
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Buff

Post by Buff »

they actually changed their price for it back on the 9th, which is when i posted it here. :)