[US] Suikoden V pre-ordering

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

[US] Suikoden V pre-ordering

Post by KFCrispy »

k, I created this topic because now there has been a price drop among some competitors selling this game from $50 ($49.99) to $40 ($39.99). This list includes: gamestop.com, toysrus.com (partnered with amazon.com), target.com (partnered with amazon.com), and maybe some more..

-ebgames lists theirs at $49.99, however they may be adding a pre-order bonus package that includes an art book and soundtrack for the game. HOWEVER, it hasn't been written anywhere on the website's page for it yet and representatives for the website do not know about it. It can only be found in one place, which is a flyer that was posted in January: http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ads/promos/F ... COMINGSOON
Also, some ppl say the "brick & mortar (B&M)" stores are aware of this offer and will honor the pre-orders at the particular B&M store. The one I visited was not aware of it.

so please keep your eyes peeled for either pre-order bonuses for the other sellers (particularly gamestop.com, since ebgames and gamestop is now owned under gamestop) or a price drop at ebgames.com!
Last edited by KFCrispy on Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I hope I didn't get ripped off by ordering early before the price drop. I'm pretty sure they'll charge me whatever I orignally agreed to regardless of what the price currently is. Am I wrong?
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Yup. It's happened to me before.

And, it was never 50 bucks at gamestop. Only at EBGames. It's been 39(43 with tax here) since the release of Rhapsodia.
I hope everything is going delicious.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:Yup. It's happened to me before.

And, it was never 50 bucks at gamestop. Only at EBGames. It's been 39(43 with tax here) since the release of Rhapsodia.
no...since the release of suikoden 4!

what the hell is wrong with eb games?!

im just glad I got pre sells in BOTH stores

I hope I dont have to pay 10 bucks extra...oh well.... ill cross that bridge when I get to it

hey oppenheimer, couldn't you just get your money back? and get a pre sell for the 39.99 suikoden 5? cause I know you can return a game as long as you dont open it and if you have a receipt..you can get your money back, so maybe you should just return your pre sell and get another 1 in gamestop
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

according to some posts at the Suikoden V pre-order thread in the gameplay forum, Gamestop store managers and stuff are definitely offering the pre-order.

I'm still waiting for a price drop at EBgames.com because i always use their "free trial and get $10 off e-voucher" for my purchases (or for "used" orders $40 and up, i use my EB card and the online 15% deal to get total of 25% off!)
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

son_michael wrote: hey oppenheimer, couldn't you just get your money back? and get a pre sell for the 39.99 suikoden 5? cause I know you can return a game as long as you dont open it and if you have a receipt..you can get your money back, so maybe you should just return your pre sell and get another 1 in gamestop
That's a good idea. But I don't think there are Gamestops in Canada.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

EBGames B&M stores are listing their pre-orders as $39.99, but the website still hasn't changed. that doesn't help...
SkooBoi

Post by SkooBoi »

Just want to also comfirm that Brick and Mortar Gamestop has the pre-order bonus and only at 39.99. So skip Ebgames and get it at GameStop.
Buff

Post by Buff »

where did you see that at. the official gamestop website does not have it listed.
SkooBoi

Post by SkooBoi »

Buff wrote:where did you see that at. the official gamestop website does not have it listed.
Yea you have to go to the actual store. But maybe if you order online you'll get it as well. I asked the worker upfront and he checked and the artbook is a pre-order bonus at both EBgames and Gamestop. Nice that I saved 10$ by buying at gamestop instead of ebgames.
Veritas

Post by Veritas »

i just called about 5 different EB games/Gamestops in my area of Washington State, and none of them know about a pre-order and a couple of them just said that they dont offer the pre-order (so i assume that they have been asked a few times). and i asked if i can cancel my pre-order and you can, so if you dont want to pay the 50 bucks you can cancle it and goto gamestop and get the cheaper price, unless for some reason your eb games wont. you might want to call ahead, mine said that i could
War solves everything, No man, no problem
~ Joseph Stalin
Buff

Post by Buff »

SkooBoi wrote:
Buff wrote:where did you see that at. the official gamestop website does not have it listed.
Yea you have to go to the actual store. But maybe if you order online you'll get it as well. I asked the worker upfront and he checked and the artbook is a pre-order bonus at both EBgames and Gamestop. Nice that I saved 10$ by buying at gamestop instead of ebgames.
i only have a ebgames where i live but hey to me it's worth the extra 10$. since i've already paid it all.
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

no place around here i can preorder it besides eb sadly, so ill be paying $10 extra and prolly not getting the bonuses *cries*
Buff

Post by Buff »

if you pre-order it from ebgames you most likely will get it. check out the link kin the very first post that kfcrispy made. that was a ad back in january, promoting the art book and cd with s5. that's the only place that promoted it to.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

GameStop is also offering the pre-order bundle for Suikoden V. I've talked with the manager several times and he found out that they are in fact offering it.