Suikoden II, Where to Buy?

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
Kcirtap1990

Suikoden II, Where to Buy?

Post by Kcirtap1990 »

I have been playing Suikoden since the begining. When Suikoden II came out I wanted it right away but I was a little short on cash so I thought I would wait a while. The price just kept going up and now I can't get my hands on a reasonable priced copy. Does anyone know where I can get one?
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

one word: ebay

and if you still can't find a decent price:

four words: used video game store
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Kcirtap1990

Post by Kcirtap1990 »

Ebay I have tried and the lowest price is $10.00 which is very reasonable but there is six days left in the auction meaning that it will go up greatly. I have also tried a Used Video Game Store with no luck, most likely because I live in Maine, and I'm pretty much the only person in the world who lives in Maine. I guess I'll have to stick with Ebay unless anyone can bring up any good ideas.
KQswst104

Post by KQswst104 »

The only way really is Ebay. I consider myself lucky to have gotten my copy for only $60.
Kcirtap1990

Post by Kcirtap1990 »

I'm going to Virgina this weekend so I'll look around there. May have better luck. I don't get why Konami doesn't re-release the game. They would make so much money.
Lechium

Post by Lechium »

They will re-release 1 and 2 in same set eventually, just like Square released FF6 and Chorno Trigger.
JoeMo

Post by JoeMo »

Lechium wrote:They will re-release 1 and 2 in same set eventually, just like Square released FF6 and Chorno Trigger.
are you positive? or saying it because you would like it to happen...
Lechium

Post by Lechium »

JoeMo wrote:
Lechium wrote:They will re-release 1 and 2 in same set eventually, just like Square released FF6 and Chorno Trigger.
That's easy money, so they will do it eventually.
it's a guess, but re-relasing old installments of popular franchises is very common, so there you go.

P.S. would I like it to happen? I dont really care. Actually since my roomate has 1&2 i'd rather they not, so he doesnt loose value of his games lol
JoeMo

Re: Suikoden II, Where to Buy?

Post by JoeMo »

Kcirtap1990 wrote:I have been playing Suikoden since the begining. When Suikoden II came out I wanted it right away but I was a little short on cash so I thought I would wait a while. The price just kept going up and now I can't get my hands on a reasonable priced copy. Does anyone know where I can get one?
if you have any "rare" or really good ps1 games that are hard to find these days i will trade you my copy of suikoden2
Shvabrin

Post by Shvabrin »

Check your local GameStops or Electronics Botiques and see if they have any used.
Futagi

Post by Futagi »

Most people use ebay. I was lucky to get an instruction booklet, the original case, and the game for $70. The game was used but played fine. I saw someone else who played $200+ for the game brand new and still wrapped>.<
Also, although Suikoden I and II were very popular in the Japanese market, it doesn't look like it made it in America too well, hence the low amount of copies. (Though I personally think it was vastly underprinted) To tell the truth, about the only RPGs I've found easily found for the PS1 nowadays are the Final Fantasy games. Valkyrie Profile, Xenogears, etc are all pretty hard to find. I would personally love it if they rereleased all the old PS1 RPGs (seeing as how that's what I usually play on my PS2) but it doesn't seem very likely to happen.
Hello Suikoden-type people:D
Kcirtap1990

Post by Kcirtap1990 »

Lechium wrote:
JoeMo wrote:
That's easy money, so they will do it eventually.
it's a guess, but re-relasing old installments of popular franchises is very common, so there you go.

P.S. would I like it to happen? I dont really care. Actually since my roomate has 1&2 i'd rather they not, so he doesnt loose value of his games lol
Talk about it, if they re-release it for PlayStation, Playstation 2, or even maybe Playstation 3 when that comes around then I'm getting it. People are paying over $30 dollars for Suikoden I and over $100 for Suikoden II. If they re-release them together or seprately they will make tons of cash. At this point in time they should re-release them seprately to keep their value up.
JoeMo wrote:
Kcirtap1990 wrote:I have been playing Suikoden since the begining. When Suikoden II came out I wanted it right away but I was a little short on cash so I thought I would wait a while. The price just kept going up and now I can't get my hands on a reasonable priced copy. Does anyone know where I can get one?
if you have any "rare" or really good ps1 games that are hard to find these days i will trade you my copy of suikoden2
Nope, none that I want to let go of. I love all my games.
Shvabrin wrote:Check your local GameStops or Electronics Botiques and see if they have any used.
Thats my next stop to tell you the truth I may call them up later today.
Futagi wrote:Most people use ebay. I was lucky to get an instruction booklet, the original case, and the game for $70. The game was used but played fine. I saw someone else who played $200+ for the game brand new and still wrapped>.<
Also, although Suikoden I and II were very popular in the Japanese market, it doesn't look like it made it in America too well, hence the low amount of copies. (Though I personally think it was vastly underprinted) To tell the truth, about the only RPGs I've found easily found for the PS1 nowadays are the Final Fantasy games. Valkyrie Profile, Xenogears, etc are all pretty hard to find. I would personally love it if they rereleased all the old PS1 RPGs (seeing as how that's what I usually play on my PS2) but it doesn't seem very likely to happen.
They were supposed to re-release Final Fantasy VII for PS2 but then they got into the older games first. It seems their going to work their way up the number so Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VIII will make a double re-release together for PS3.
adrenachrome336

Post by adrenachrome336 »

i was thinking maybe selling/trading my Valkyrie Profile for Suikoden 2, what do you guys think??

I've seen VP go for 120 on ebay and S2 for 60-75.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

i got my copy in 2000 at Funcoland, and then they went out of business soon after that. guess i lucked out.

edit: and my copy was around $31 i believe. when did the prices start getting so high? at least a few years ago right?
Last edited by Hxc Flavor on Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Futagi

Post by Futagi »

Dang, I'd love to buy Valkyrie from you (but I will NOT trade my precious Suikoden II for it!) Sorry, man. I worked too hard on ebay to get the game:P but maybe with the extra money you could get Suikoden II. Also, I will advise you of this: I personally wouldn't settle on a copy that comes in a standard jewel case. Nor would I buy a brand new one for $200+. But try to get one that's a bit used but plays perfect and get the original case and instruction booklet. You should at least get that much for the money you're paying for it:) Also, I usually gave up on an auction once it got above like $90, so...check them constantly.
Hello Suikoden-type people:D