My collection...

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
Eikei

My collection...

Post by Eikei »

Is almost complete. I've now got Suikoden I, II, III, IV, and Tactics. I'm still waiting on V to be released, and when it is, I'll be selling all six games on Ebay.

What should I open the bidding at?

I= $30
II=$125
III=$40
IV=$40
V=$50

I think $300 is a good price. Any suggestions?
The definition of amateur is one who is motivated by love, rather than money.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

sell 1 for 35
sell 2 for 140 something
sell 3 for about 30
sel 4 for about 30
sell 5 for..I dont know if it will be good or not

but there deffinetley all worth more than 300 to sell

but why in the heck would you sell them?

I spent big money getting suikoden 2 and 1

I would never sell my complete collection of all the genso's and Rhapsodia
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

I know you're in the business of making money, and no ill will against you, but at least be fair, unlike the other money-crazed idiots on e-bay, and sell Suikoden II for $75 or somewhere in that range. It's depressing seeing actual people selling that game for such a grandiose price.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Einlanzer

Post by Einlanzer »

Suikoden II is worth the $29.99 I payed for at Funcoland. (Now GameStop) Nothing more. No game should be worth that much, considering it's just a PS1 game. I'd go for $40-50 tops.
confused redhead

Post by confused redhead »

We're missing one important detail here - What condition are these games in? (especially the earlier ones) New? Gently used? Disc only? The only way you'll get s2 for 120 is if it's completely unopened.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
-Ben Franklin
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

not true at all, my copy of suikoden 2 cost me 140, and it was opened with the booklet and cd were mint condition,case had a small crack

enlainzer, your wrong about suikoden 2. the suikoden games have become rare collectible items, and items like that increase in the price range, it may just be a psx game but its 1 of the best psx games and they dont make it anymore, for that reason the price can be doubled or even trippled,not buying it because its ridicioulous to pay that much for a game, just makes you sound like a cheap bastard{to quote x play}

no malice or offense was meant in the above statement
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

I'd just look at other current auctions and open the starting bid at an appropriate price matching what people are willing to pay for. I remember I sold my WAY scratched up Tactics Ogre PS1 for $60. Even though I advertised it as heavily scratched, the $20 starting bid still reached $60.
Eikei

Post by Eikei »

Well, I spent $104 on S2. That was the final bid. I'll keep all the games for a while. Replay them, maybe even stash them away somewhere for a few years, but it is an investment I plan to cash out on someday. I honestly believe that Suikoden is the best series game ever made, and I think there'll be some definate value in that someday. $300 is not too much to ask for 6 games, by any means. At manufactorer price, 6 x $50 is still $300. Add in the fact that 2 of these games are extremely rare, and therefore, double the price...well...I don't see any need to explain it.

So far, all I know about condition is that 3, 4, and Tactics are in great condition with original booklets and cases. I know that Booklets and cases are both coming with 1 and 2, but I don't know the condition of the games themselves until I see them. That's going to be the sticking point.
The definition of amateur is one who is motivated by love, rather than money.
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

I had heard the games sold for that much but I didn't think people really bought it for that much. Everytime I am on ebay I see S2 for around $20-$30. I personally got S1 free(friend gave it to me), S2 for around $30 and the rest $50 fresh from the store.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

MrTomJoad wrote:I had heard the games sold for that much but I didn't think people really bought it for that much. Everytime I am on ebay I see S2 for around $20-$30. I personally got S1 free(friend gave it to me), S2 for around $30 and the rest $50 fresh from the store.
Well, if they go that high, and then dissapear, you know people buy them. Some people, like myself would spend over $500 for a mint condition Suikdoen II game, fortunatly, I got mine for free from my friend after 3 long years of begging her to give it to me. Also, on ebay, people normally put S2 out there for $30-50 just so that people will start to bid on them, then the prices increase until they are well over $100.
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

i spent £400 getting gs2. took ages to get the cash.
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

I am not saying that I wouldn't be willing to spend that much on Suikoden, I definately would pay almost any price. It's just that everyone I know with the game just walked on down to the store and bought it, so I didn't really believe it was as rare as people said it was. Maybe I just live in a really good town.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

Or, maybe your town is lucky. I was lucky enough to stumble across Suikoden not so long ago, during the summer time, in GameStop and bought it for, I think it was like $29? I can't remember but it did not come with the manual and I got a free game with it, Vandel Hearts, which was where Suikoden should have been in the back part of the case, instead Suikoden was where the manual was. After a bit of presuasion, the people at GameStop let me have the game because it was in the case I was buying. But Suikoden II is a very rare game.
Hot Like Wasabi

Post by Hot Like Wasabi »

I found Suikoden II at a local game store for $40. Disc only but it was in mint condition.

Just saw Suikoden at the same store today for $25