never thought I'd ever see it

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
loorid

never thought I'd ever see it

Post by loorid »

I work at a video game store. We do everything. Buy, sell, trade...we usually get a lot of lame games in but every so often we get something really cool and really rare. Just today we got Suikoden in. The first one. Woah...

I have to admit, the only Suikoden I've played is Suikoden III, and it remains one of my favorite games of all time. I've never seen any of the others before (and I hate ebay XP). So someone came in today with a ton of old Playstation games (lots of good ones, too, including RE2, Threads of Fate, ect.). As I was ringing him I picked up Suikoden from his pile and almost passed out. My manager called while I was helping this customer and I told him what we got in. He, too, almost passed out. Neither of us could believe we got this game in. We both were convinced we would live our entire lives without laying eyes on the real deal.

We resold it for 39.95. Not surprising. It's reeeally rare to see it these days. I bought it immediately. Thank God for employee discounts! In two hours I get off work and I don't care how badly my boyfriend wants to play Madden '06. XD I'm playing this. I'm in such a state of euphoria right now. I thought my chances of playing this game were nil. 'specially since emulators don't work particularily well on my computer. My manager is so jealous. XD But I called it first! I'm impressed to see so many familiar names in the character list. :D

My life just got a lot closer to being complete. XD Heheh.

Oh...and I'm new. Didn't see an introduction forum sooo yeah. Hello all. :D
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Introduction Thread

If you think that's rare, try looking for Suikoden II.
I hope everything is going delicious.
loorid

Post by loorid »

I don't expect to see Suikoden II come in, but it sure would be awesome if it did. :) I really hope it does someday...because I looked on ebay (out of desperation) and almost cried. XD $75 for that game. Yikes...and that doesn't include shipping.

Ah, there it is. Thank you. :)
confused redhead

Post by confused redhead »

How much did you give the guy for the game?
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
-Ben Franklin
loorid

Post by loorid »

We gave him $17 for it. He got ripped off hardcore considering how much it goes for on ebay. XD But I wasn't about to tell him that...

I know I'm sneaky but...he did bring it in. XD
Basel

Post by Basel »

loorid wrote:I don't expect to see Suikoden II come in, but it sure would be awesome if it did. :) I really hope it does someday...because I looked on ebay (out of desperation) and almost cried. XD $75 for that game. Yikes...and that doesn't include shipping.

Ah, there it is. Thank you. :)
You would be a lucky bidder if you manage to get Suikoden II for only $75 specially if it is in a mint condition.
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
Man In Black

Post by Man In Black »

That's exactly how I got my copy of Suikoden I and II..

I had just started working my job at EB a year and a half ago, and someone brought in their playstation to do a bunch of trades. He had some pretty crappy games in his pile, but at the bottom were MINT.. (cases not scratched, CD's clean as hell, instruction manuals crisp) Suikoden I and II.. I told him that we were only going to give him $5 trade in on each of them, and that he could make a pretty penny on ebay... he still traded them in. I picked em up after my shift for 14.99 and 19.99 respectively :)