Answer me this

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
Joel

Answer me this

Post by Joel »

I don't know if this belongs here but...

Does anybody have an explination why Konami made the Suikoden games rare in the states? Not to mention expensive? I mean, the graphics quality on Suikoden 1 and 2 were very low, yet every time I look on ebay Suikoden II is about 200 dollars, and it's for sale used at EB games for 50. I understand that SII is rarer here because S1 didn't sell as well but for god's sakes.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Those two games weren't terribly successful when they first came out, so a re-release along the lines of Greatest Hits is unlikely. As for the current going price, Konami has little to do with it. Mostly it's the ever increasing hype for these old games that drive the prices up.

Personally, I find no game is worth paying more than what their original price was, no matter what. Of course, Konami can help by re-releasing the game by porting them to a newer console or something, but I don't expect that to happen anytime soon, if ever.

Surprisingly, the first two games have been re-released a few times over the years in Japan though.
Joel

Post by Joel »

I mean, what I think would help is if they redid Suikoden 1 and 2 on the GBA. Pretty much because the overrall sales of Suikoden IV was a huge sucsess here in the states, and I'll bet it made people think "whatever happened in Suikoden 1 and 2". I mean think about it, the way the graphics were, the replayablility, they'd make awesome GBA games. All Konami would have to do is remove the FMVs, lower the sond quality, you might be able to fit both games on one GBA cartridge. If Konmai put a few ads out in magazines for it then it'd sell like hotcakes.
Star of destiny

Post by Star of destiny »

if they were re released i hope to god they werent released as gba games.
"Leknaat calls me "traveler of the night and bearer of the stars". Though I see the stars that dwell within each of you, I could not possibly hope to know where fate may take you. And I myself am simply one star among many."
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

Re-release of Suikoden I and II would cost more money that it would generate at the moment.

Sales of Suikoden IV were not good enough to prompt a re-release. Chances are, a re-release would only make it in Japan, but it's already readily available there.

Perhaps after Rhapsodia and another full-on Suikoden comes out, it's popularity may rise, but I remember things like that being said before Suikoden IV came out, so I wouldn't hold my breathe. Especially for it on the GBA when they could put it on the PSP.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]