Suikoden 3

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
TwinFang

Suikoden 3

Post by TwinFang »

Does anybody know of a way to get it in the UK??

Would a Petition work, if we sent it to Konami-europe, would they then make that amount to be sent to us?? I would gladly pay extra for it, but i dotn want to have to get an american PS2.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

theres A way to play american games on europeon systems

some kind of special mod to the ps2

there are posts about how to this somewhere on these boards, unfortunatley I do not know how to do any of these things since Im an american gamer

Sorry :cry:

look around you should find posts about your exact question and detailed answers to them
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

A petition wouldn't work unless it was handwritten by each person signing it and had at least tens of thousands of verifiable signatures.

As for playing the American version of the game; well you have three options:
1. You get a US or all region PS2 and play the game that way.
2. You have a chip inserted into your PS2 that means it does not try and check for the regional lockdowns.
3. You utilise a tool that tries to confuse the regional lockouts of the game.

The first one is the most expensive and the most reliable; the third is generally the cheapest but is the most likely of the three to lead to loading issues. The second is the middleground but in general is a legal issue due to most chips allowing pirate games to play.

Suikoden III is known to work with some of the devices to fool the PS2 (third option), see the sticky thread in this forum for details.
What is the difference between PAL and NTSC? Why do some games take ages to get a PAL conversion, or get none whatsoever?
Find the answers and more at http://www.palcorner.com or ask at the forums.
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

The only way to get Suikoden 3 in the UK is to buy it off eBay, which isn't so bad as it turns up quite regularly with the Buy It Now option (usually around £30-35 - not bad for an imported game).

As for getting it to run there are the 3 methods Shirofan listed or the 4th method, which is to hope that when Sony release the PS3 it is a region free console. But then, what are the odds of that happening?
LillyXChris

Post by LillyXChris »

I say, import, import, import. That's all there is to it. Heck i got mine from Johor (Malaysia) to just play it in Singapore.
Just think about it. Someone might be writing a Kingdom Hearts 2/Pretty Cure x-over right now. That someone is me.

Now playing POTC At World's End
Nozomi Yumehara and Darkside Dream... Miko (Princess) Yumehara
Sisters (Yes Precure 5/Precure X-over)