A Chipped PS2...?

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
True Wind Bearer

A Chipped PS2...?

Post by True Wind Bearer »

I have some questions about getting a Chipped PS2.
1. How much would it cost?
2.Where would you go to get it done?
3.What does it do?
4.Would it play a NTSC Suikoden III?

That's all!
Last edited by True Wind Bearer on Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
CapCamus

Post by CapCamus »

1. It depends on what chip you use. They aren't 'that' expensive in the long run.
2. That all depends on where you live. I know there are many places that do it here in Australia. Look through a local trading post publication.
3. Again, it depends on the chip. Generally it will allow you to play NTSC games and copied 'backups'.
4. Depending on the chip, yes.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

Don't forget that a chipped PS2 won't have a warranty, so if it breaks (probably after 2 months of use) you can neither change, nor fix it.

*Personal experience*

Take my advice: it's nopt worth the trouble. You'd only spend more money on something you know will break.
Blackblade27

Post by Blackblade27 »

Thats not entirely true at all you need to get a dependable mod and if thats what you want i recomend http://www.universalvideogames.com They sell chips,premodded systems, games all that good stuff. But saying that'll it'll break after two months means you bought a piece of well you know what. But wasting money i dont think so. You really never have to buy another game again, simply rent from a local store pop it into your burner a voila a game for the price of a rental. Plus enabling you to play all the great games in japan they never made it to america such as the gaidens. So if you want to be fully satisfied with your system i recomend a chip.
Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning.
Nighteyes

Post by Nighteyes »

I have a chipped PS2, which I bought for playing SIII when it came out, and been using it ever since, and it has worked perfectly with all my games, PAL and NTSC...
So it's possible to get a working PS2 with chip, but you'll need to find a good shop that makes the job, don't ever try to do it yourself, that a sureway to break the PS2.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

What would you say the chances are of a chipped PS2 stuffing up? Sorry, I'm just trying to get all information possible before I buy a chip.
Last edited by True Wind Bearer on Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
CapCamus

Post by CapCamus »

I've had mine for over 3 years now without any problems. And I'm sure the chips have come a long way since then.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

Most of them, anyway.
dadoody

Post by dadoody »

I can play burned games and Japanese games on my playstation 2.

I did not chip it though. I installed a flip top cover and I use Swap Magic 2 disks. I play all games fine with them. Suikoden 3 requires the swap magic fix that you can download here http://www.swapmagicfix.com/.

I use the Swap Magic disks because I don't want to sodder my PS2. ;/