Should Konami re-release Suikoden 1/2 as a compilation set?

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
YuberClone

Post by YuberClone »

I would most definately be interested in any sort of Suikoden 1 & 2 reprint.

I think an updated 3d version with voice acting could be very cool. though i would still buy it, if it were just a simple reprint compilation on one disc, or two disc set. maybe they could include the suikogaidens in that compilation?
Pesmerga_Bloodbane

Post by Pesmerga_Bloodbane »

I think they should have do a reprint. It would be cool if the reprints added a new scene which was not in the original before. On the otherhand one would like to maintain the authenticity of the games too. I'm all for it.
Kenshi

Post by Kenshi »

ummmm...YA!!! they should
i dunno what the demand would be like though.
sumthing tells me though, that if they haven't done a re-release by now, we may never see one (i hope i'm wrong)
YubersNightRune

Post by YubersNightRune »

Yes I think this would be an exelent idea they should release them again but it is very unlikely.I suppose that they might consider it but they proably wont because it proably will not make the money that they want with the games.I would definitly buy the new games if they were released but im one person they will want hunreds and thousands of people to buy the games....that being said proably not...... :(
http://www.BodyBuilding.com Is all that you need!
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

If Konami were to ever re-release Suikoden I & II they would probably wait until they were further into the series so that people who would play Suikoden X would ponder how the series got started. If there are only four games into the series it wouldn't take much guessing to figure out how a series got started nor would people really care, in my opinion. But, once a game comes out with that many sequels it would've been so long ago that Suikoden I & II came out that would make people wonder how such a big series came to be.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

Vandal hearts will be released for the DS or PSP I don't remember which.

Do you guys know what that implies or what is Vandal Hearts?

Vandal Hearts was a strategy RPG released for the PS1 along with Suikoden I, I think in Europe they were released like the same day...

You do understand what that implies don't you, now is very likely to see Suikoden I on the PSP or DS, I hope Konami bothers to add some extras.
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~
Sovereign

Post by Sovereign »

I signed the petition if nothing else to feel good about atleast showing

my fanboy appreciation for the series. I would hope that alot of people

wern't turned off from getting into the series by having missed out on

rare early installments. It's kind of sad really.
Rubi

Post by Rubi »

I think it would be a great idea. Suikoden has at least some fanbase in america. Growlanser which was practically impossible to get in america did a re-release packed with cool extras and it did great. I think if Konami took a hint from Working Designs and re-released 1 and 2 with a soundtrack and some cool extras(like a small replica Blinking Mirror or a Sealed Rune Crystal) that it would do amazing. But more than likely this will never happen because Konami doesnt seem to care much about its RPG gamers. They are too busy paying attention to Metal Gear Solid and Castlevania fans. Dont get me wrong, i love MGS and Castlevania, but Suikoden blows both of them out of the water.
DarkWizard

Post by DarkWizard »

Perhaps another company should buy the rights to rerelease the first 2 Suikodens as a bundle-pack. Seeing how Nippon Ichi has released a number of obscure 2D games (Phantom Brave, Atlier Iris) in the past year or so and will continue to do so, it could happen although I doubt Konami would so easily sell the rights to do that.
merlin

problem with the petition

Post by merlin »

i just tried to signed it and for some odd reason it keeps messing up and taking me to a the page cannont be displayed. is the petition gone or has already been sent.
Ramses

Post by Ramses »

It would only be truely worth it if it included not only Suiko1-2, but all 3 Gaidens. I'm sure all 5 games could easily fit on a PS2 DVD or PS3 Disk.
Kirke

Post by Kirke »

3 Gaidens? There are only two Suikogaidens. If you're talking about Card Stories, then yeah, they'd probably fit. If you're talking about Rhapsodia, then it really depends how big Rhapsodia is.

I wouldn't want to see a remake of the first two. Not yet, anyway. A large part of Suikoden's mystique comes from the fact that the first couple games are inaccessible. Plus, with eBay around, there's an open market, so there will always be copies available. It's just a matter of price. I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see new cutscenes or bonus features or pack-ins. I just think that a re-release right now, or anytime soon, would probably not be very well-received by the general public. That could be both embarrassing and economically hurtful to Konami. I'd side with Jowy on this one. Wait for a few more iterations before you start re-releasing the first games.
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

Sales would be astronomical in Japan, Europe and America for this. An Anniversary Edition Anthology sometime down the road which included all of the past Suikoden games.

Suikoden 1, 2 and possibly 3(In Europe), both of the Suikogaiden games translated for Europe, a translated re-release of Suikoden Card Stories ported for Playstation or a PSP port, also the game soundtracks as well as a whole pile of extras like books and memorabilia would would make this a must for anyone who has ever played a Suikoden game.

Sales would go through the roof and people who didn't preorder it would find themselves waiting for the Suikoden pack to restock. I would happily pay two to three times the cost of a normal game for this and you have seen that people do pay alot on ebay and Amazon for just one game.
weird_name_lah

Post by weird_name_lah »

Hey guys. This may sound stupid but where do I sign the petition? Sorry can't seem to find it in this thread or the forum topic...

I think that this is worth trying...