Your help: Received Suikoden II from eBay in a bad condition

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
Basel

Your help: Received Suikoden II from eBay in a bad condition

Post by Basel »

Hi,

On Dec-23 I won an auction for Suikoden II on eBay which cost me 90 USD.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8155596002
I paid for the game using BidPay, the seller received the MO and I have just received the game. The seller stated in his auction that the CD is in pristine condition. However, the CD is full of scratches and it is diffucult to find a spot that does not have a scratch :x . Even worst, the CD has a thumb on it :evil: . With a game like Suikoden II, I doubt that the CD will live for 40+ hours.

Could anyone help me please.

Thanks,

Basel Mahdi
Akira

Post by Akira »

They do make CD scratch repairers. I've used something like that on some of my ps games and they work fine.
Basel

Post by Basel »

Hi,

Thanks for you reply.
They do make CD scratch repairers.
The CD is significantly different from described. The seller should send a complete refund or ship another CD that meets the description in the auction.
It is my responsibility to pay for the item. And, it is the seller responsibility to sell the item described in the auction and not another defected item.

Does anyone know what I should do to get my money back?

Thanks,

Basel Mahdi
Genso

Post by Genso »

If I remember correctly, ebay has a place you can make claims with sellers if you can't resolve it with the seller personally. http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/inr-snad-process.html

I would contact the seller first about it. If you send back the game in the same condition it was sent, they may give your refund back. Unless you bought from a gamestore, I doubt that person would have another copy so then you would just have to keep on bidding on other auctions. I don't think you can force the seller to get you another copy. If you get no cooperation from them making a claim may be considered.
Basel

Post by Basel »

Thank you Genso.
Ginzo

Post by Ginzo »

Hi there Basel

I've read what happened to you , I'm really sorry it had to turn out that way .. I know how excited you were to play SII but ....

I think you should do what Genso said .. it does seem to be a good idea

Take care now

salam
Basel

Post by Basel »

yo delete this post please..
Why? Is it against the rules of this forum?
Moody_Mage

Post by Moody_Mage »

No, he's just talking arse. This post is fine as far as I can tell.

Seriously though you are entitled to lodge a formal complaint with ebay. Make sure that you contact the seller first to point out that you are far from happy with the product and that it has been mis-represented in his item description. Tell him that you want a full refund from him (and that includes the shipping costs) otherwise you intend to make a formal complaint against him.

Make sure you save all copies of the email correspondance you have with him. Check out the law-enforcement section in ebay as there is a certain way in which they want you to display the email coding.

At the very least leave negative feedback for him.
Basel

Post by Basel »

Thank you everybody for your support and advices.
I will keep you informed about what happens with me.
Tensai

Post by Tensai »

Why not make a backup copy??? Using nero 5.5 it can make good backup copy.. That's what I did with my suikoden 1 cd...
Petrograd

Post by Petrograd »

About the delete post thing, he might've written something, changed his mind and edited it away, and now want the post (not thread) deleted.
Eao

Post by Eao »

report the buyer...if they lied do so.
I mean this is differnt then selling a "haunted painting" as, well faiith is involved.
but this, this is wrong.
(i could of sowrn this topic was higher up then this when i started it)
Last edited by Eao on Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the best thing about the internet is that they can't see you pick your nose
Basel

Post by Basel »

Hi,

Could someone tell me where to find the "Standard Purchase Protection Program claim form" on eBay.
I have opened a dispute on Jan-27 and did not receive a response from the seller. On Feb-07 I closed the dispute and it was escalated to eBay. It is almost 10 days since the dispute was closed but did not hear any thing from eBay yet. According to Step2 under the " eBay Standard Purchase Protection Program: Process" page I have to fill the form mentioned above.

Could you please help me?
Basel

Post by Basel »

Hi,

I have just received an email from eBay regarding my case. eBay is going to send the amount I paid for Suikoden II in about 4-6 weeks and the seller is no longer a register member.

Here is what happened:
* I opened a claim from the link suggested by Genso. The claim must be open after 30 days of auction and before 60 days.
* The seller never responded to the claim, so after 12 days I escalated the claim.
* Few days later, a member from eBay Protection Team contacted me requesting a prove of my claim.
* As a prove of my claim, I sent the game to the address the member gave me.
* Two weeks later, I received an email asking for my PayPal account. Since I do not have one, eBay asked me for my bank account info.
* After sending my account info, I received this last email saying that I will get 75% of the amount I paid. 25% goes for claim processing.

Regards,

Basel Mahdi
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

That's good to hear it was all resolved. It's too bad you lost the $25 processing fee. I had the same trouble when I never received a batch of CDs. They took the $25 processing fee off each individual item (I had combined shipping of three auctions). They also don't refund shipping fees or the cost of sending them proof of your problem. After I had paid more than $100 I was left with $3.83 refund. . .But since you paid a lot for one product it worked out better for you.

I'm getting of topic but I thought I would let anyone know as a warning for for using ebay.