Suikoden I slim case variant

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
GKnight

Suikoden I slim case variant

Post by GKnight »

Hello, I just bought a US NTSC copy of Suikoden I which came in a slim case (not double case) & has artwork on the front cover which is similar to the Japanese version. I did not know the US version of this game had variants, is this copy rare?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Suikoden I slim case variant

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Could say that. Cause it's a fake.

It's made from the back part of the double case and a regular cd front with the manual as front cover. People do this because the original is that ugly.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
GKnight

Post by GKnight »

Oh, duh, I see that now. I wouldn't exactly call it a fake though, it's just missing the cover which would have come with the larger case and has been moved to a smaller case.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Well technically we can call it incomplete I suppose, it's just that people don't tend to mention that bit and try to pass them off as an official release so I call them fakes. It is mostly original parts save for the front bit though so it's more like a mod.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Thanks Raww for the explanation, I bought Suikoden some time ago from another person and it looks exactly the same and I was wondering, if they made a second run. But well, I won't complain for 20€. :)
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

The EU release had the original cover, yes?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Kinda sorta. The Japanese has the same image that Ivanov paints for you on a background of a pink sky, the EU has the same image on a white background. Essentially the same as the US manual.