Suikoden (was) on Sale for $3 on the NA PSN Store

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
Gunloc

Suikoden (was) on Sale for $3 on the NA PSN Store

Post by Gunloc »

You can now get the first Suikoden for 3 bucks on the North American PSN store right now as part of the Playstation 15th Anniversary event.

So tell your mothers, fathers, siblings, cousins and random strangers on the street about this. And if you still have your original hard copy, download the digital version too for extra piece of mind.

Hopefully if the game gets a bump in sales it will help Suikoden II's chances of getting a PSN release.

Edit: The sale is over now.
Last edited by Gunloc on Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
son_michael

Re: Suikoden on Sale for $3 on the NA PSN Store

Post by son_michael »

Gunloc wrote:You can now get the first Suikoden for 3 bucks on the North American PSN store right now as part of the Playstation 15th Anniversary event.

So tell your mothers, fathers, siblings, cousins and random strangers on the street about this. And if you still have your original hard copy, download the digital version too for extra piece of mind.

Hopefully if the game gets a bump in sales it will help Suikoden II's chances of getting a PSN release.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THAN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks to you I now have suikoden 1 on ps3 which can't be scratched and will most likely have less load time(just bought it now)

im telling everyone I know with a ps3 to download this amazing deal
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Since this is the 15th anniversary of the PSOne, it's high time some pressure is put on Konami to have the game released on the PlayStation Store.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I don't know how long this will last but I'll make this a global announcement in the meantime so no one misses it.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

I figured this was front-page worthy. If anything, many PS3 owners might not even have been aware that Suikoden was released on PSN. Since its release in 2008 we've had the PS3 slim and tons of new owners. Tell your friends!
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

You might want to amend that news to reflect that this only applies to NA PSN as Suikoden is not even out on the EU one and Sony has made it increasingly difficult to go cross regions on PSN.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Fixed
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

As much as I would love to support the series I just can't justify it. With remote play working with PS1 discs I can still play Suikoden 1 on my PS3 or my PSP.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Oppenheimer wrote:As much as I would love to support the series I just can't justify it. With remote play working with PS1 discs I can still play Suikoden 1 on my PS3 or my PSP.
That is a predicament. Even if they released both here I'd have no incentive to buy digital copies of games I already have, and I'm not likely to sell the physical ones either. So unless Konami releases them with updated translations, which as far as I know has never happened for a PS1 Classic, I'd probably not get them either.

And Konami have shown no interest in updating the translations or even giving decent one's to the newer ones so that's bloody unlikely to happen even if they were offered to have them done for free. Konami also treat their games like they're Fight Club so you'll never find out anyway.
tiki
Banned User

Post by tiki »

Maybe if they fixed the bugs and offered more than $50 to some vagrants to translate I'd buy it. Until then, the copies of the games I saved onto my computer from the disks will suffice.

Does this even have the arena / dark rune / bonus Gremio sequences that the Dreamcast version had, or is it a straight port from the Playstation?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Oppenheimer wrote:As much as I would love to support the series I just can't justify it. With remote play working with PS1 discs I can still play Suikoden 1 on my PS3 or my PSP.
you can't justify spending 3 bucks to possibly revitalize the series?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

son_michael wrote:you can't justify spending 3 bucks to possibly revitalize the series?
Since the possibility of that happening over this is so small that it's non-existant it's not much of a gamble. And any business that can't sustain itself unless customers buy multiple copies of the same thing has no business staying alive, if things are that bad then the series should be put to rest as it's by definition not viable any more.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Perhaps we need to create a "Suikoden fund" where fans can contribute $1 every month and the money can be sent to the poor starved suikoden team in Japan.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
son_michael wrote:you can't justify spending 3 bucks to possibly revitalize the series?
Since the possibility of that happening over this is so small that it's non-existant it's not much of a gamble. And any business that can't sustain itself unless customers buy multiple copies of the same thing has no business staying alive, if things are that bad then the series should be put to rest as it's by definition not viable any more.
if a million people pay 3 bucks each in North America alone that would be a lot of money for Konami to notice and could very well inspire them to get the series back on track. Every Suikoden fan should tell everybody they can about this deal and shell out the 3 bucks if there is even a GLIMPSE of hope that it would revive the series

its not like 3 bucks is a big investment...+ you get it on your ps3 and you can port it to your psp so why not do it?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

son_michael wrote:if a million people pay 3 bucks each in North America alone that would be a lot of money for Konami to notice and could very well inspire them to get the series back on track.
The difference between 1,000,000 people buying it and 999,999 is non-existant. And the series is made in Japan, they really don't give a crap what happens in America, they're never going to make one just for the US/EU under any circumstances. Considering all of the main entries have been translated so far there's no reason to believe they wouldn't continue doing it.
Every Suikoden fan should tell everybody they can about this deal and shell out the 3 bucks if there is even a GLIMPSE of hope that it would revive the series
That wouldn't sound so bloody hollow if the series was actually dead and, if it was, America could do something about it.
its not like 3 bucks is a big investment...+ you get it on your ps3 and you can port it to your psp so why not do it?
Because you can do the exact same thing with the disc, that was the whole point.

Besides, the sale is now over anyway and this topic has served it's purpose.