Continuation

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
marron_ycaro

Continuation

Post by marron_ycaro »

Oh and one more thing. I still don't have the games suikoden 3 and suikoden tactics. Too bad I can't load my save files from 1-3. Sigh I really miss suiko3 so much because that's the best game in the series for me(and also suiko2 of course).. My first year here in Italy, I had seen suiko tactics on a gameshop but a year after they're not available anymore. Same goes for suiko tierkries being sold in a game shop for only a couple of months in which I think only 4mos. I'm just sharing the condition of european gamers here besides of the lack of cool games that are being sold on ps store for psp prefering to sell crappy games like disney's hercules, little mermaid, theme hospital and park and such. I mean, it's really annoying to live in this place for gamer's point-of-view wishing that i was just in japan or america. But then after a seemingly endless hunt for these games desperately visiting gameshops almost every week, I'm fortunate enough to have bought it on a gameshop in a province here in which they sell tons of used, old games including suiko4 e 5. This gameshop's an absolute paradise I say, because not only suikoden games that I had bought in this shop but other stuff as well buying more or less 10 games for just 110euro. I just don't know if they have a website and if they ship games worldwide but you can try searching "negozi dei videogiochi a Pistoia". Hope this'll help. I'm sorry if I make this forum look like a blog or an article because of my lengthy speech.. Just expressing my emotion on what I think also others feel. :P
-Suikoden 1-5 Heroes
Antimatzist

Re: Continuation

Post by Antimatzist »

Don't call Theme Hospital crappy! (ok, the PSX version isn't so good compared to the PC-version)

And yeah, I share your opinion about games here in Europe: Niche games like SUikoden or other small franchises don't get much attention here. That's really sad.. :/
marron_ycaro

Post by marron_ycaro »

Thanks for the reply antimatzist. Yah you're right about that. Because I think one of the reason is that non-english speaking european countries doesn't translate many games (most especially rpg) into their own language. Therefore, people tend to ignore these games because they'll not understand it anyway especially rpg in which one of the most appealing factor of these games are their stories. And although suikoden can be played in various languages, but in overall because of the lack of passion for these rpg, they became useless. Making european gamers more addicted to action, adventure, sport, fighting, combat, gayish, childish and other nonsense games(i know many of you won't agree especially for the first three but i just grew tired playing those). Anyway, I had also played theme hospital once because of the fun my brother had playing with this game (also on psx). Well ok you won that's a pretty neat game too considering how you can become a psycho-medical staff like blowing patient's head, making your hospital a vomiting dungeon, abusing them and such. But after my experience playing games with similarity in that like sims, zoo empire(don't know if you know that, similar to zoo tycoon), theme park, you'll just realize that they're all just the same. So after some time being addicted to those, you'll soon be bored and will have not that nostalgic feeling (like on suikoden) anymore that forces you to play those games once more. So I say again once more, let's support rpg (except final fantasy, they have already buckets of bucks. i prefer buying used games) and stop piracy! :twisted:
Last edited by marron_ycaro on Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Suikoden 1-5 Heroes
marron_ycaro

Post by marron_ycaro »

Tschau antimatzist what did you say again, "niche games"? What does that mean, ist dast deutsch(not sure with this phrase)? Anyway my little brother will be going in germany in april at i think franksburg. I hope he'll find some rare games there in english.
-Suikoden 1-5 Heroes
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

With "niche games" I mean games away from the mainstream (with mainstream I mean Final Fantasy, for example.. and I think "niche" is french, but I am not sure :D)

Additionally, Konami always poorly localizes their Suikoden games here. There are so many translation errors in the German versions of the games, it is really hard to bear. But still, I love this series... you should give us europeans credit for being so tough ;)
marron_ycaro

Post by marron_ycaro »

Ja I agree with what you all say considering that they go to the extreme, making suikoden3 unavailable to us. Luckily I have played it before i go to italy. Have you already played that game? It's one of the coolest because first of all, i think that's the longest game in the series.

I haven't played suikoden yet in other languages beside english (though i try them playing once in german and italian just to see how it works). Unfortunately, the voice over is only in english. I'm planning to play s4-5(english) after playing again s2 on emulator. Then after i finished the former, i'll then try playing in italian. Let's see how good italian translations are.

I still hope suikoden can still be successful after all it has gone through, finishing the series with all the 24 true runes discovered and all mysteries solved. Thank goodness they still have fans being tough and patient as ever. Does anybody here knows the fan site of suikoden in italian?
-Suikoden 1-5 Heroes