Suikoden 2: Playstation Network

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
brightshieldrune

Suikoden 2: Playstation Network

Post by brightshieldrune »

Hi,

I am new to the forums but i have been reading these for many years to help with my perfect guides for Suikoden 1 & 2.

I am a huge fan of playstation network and I always go to the psone wikpedia page where at the bottom it gives a list of submitted titles (coming soon titles) for release on the US Store. This has always been accurate especially with with all the games like Resident Evil 2 & 3 etc which was originally on the list.

I recently visited the site (wikpedia) about two weeks ago and to my surprise there were a few new games listed like Street fighter Alpha 3, Parasite Eve 1 & 2 etc. but near the bottom was SUIKODEN 2 !!!!!! I could hardly believe it, but then I went back there a few days later and the list has been removed for some reason, I don't know whether it was moved for legal reasons, but the list of coming soon titles had been up for months until recently. Does anyone know if anything has been submitted at all? I have done loads of google searches but am unable to find anything arghhhhh......

p.s to find the wikpedia page, just type psone classics in google search and it should be one of the first links, but like i said the list has been removed!!!!
Blutiger Engel

Re: Suikoden 2: Playstation Network

Post by Blutiger Engel »

Well, it is Wikipedia after all. Perhaps it got removed because the information was inaccurate in the first place. All we can do is hope it actually comes.
brightshieldrune

I Found this today on the the PSN Forums....

Well, if you're an old school SQUARESOFT fan and not too big on SQUARE-ENIX it's time to rejoice, a plethra of PSOne titles will be coming soon. So if you want to play ChronoCross, Xenogears, or...... Parasite Eve (big h3ll yeah here!!!!) rejoice for our time is at hand- source link:

-link removed-

Enjoy guys and hot gaming gals- I know I will!!!

EDIT AS OF 1/28/10

Wikipedia has done away with their section titled "Upcoming PSOne Classics" Why this is I do not know but I did for fact see these titles on the list. A few have mentioned they didn't trust Wiki's list but I've found no problems ever personally with there previous 'upcoming' list. Whener I saw a title it was available within a reasonable time. Oh well, I still hope these will be available soon.

Message Edited by Snake8986 on 01-29-2010 12:52 AM

Going by the above it looks like someone (snake8986) removed the rest of the message from the list before I had a chance of copying the rest of the post darn it......i'll keep digging until I find that Suikoden 2 was definately on the list!!!
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Why..? Even if you can prove that it was on wikipedia, which would easiest to do just by checking the revision history, it still only proves that it was on wikipedia which is about as official if you make the claim yourself.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
brightshieldrune

Sorry but I do not know how to check the revision history i'm afraid, and yeah your right when you say not everything on wikpedia is correct, but saying that everything that was originally on the list since i've been checking from september has always hit the US store with the exception of Street Fighter Alpha 3 which was on there for ages. I guess i'm just hoping something will be announced soon :-)
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Parasite Eve is such a good game. I think I still have it on disc. I should put it in again. I'm curious, if I have sold or lost the disc is it possible to download a PSN PlayStation Classic and use my old save games (which I transferred to my PS3 from a old memory card) from the disc version with them?

If so, is it possible to transfer these games onto a PSP in order to take advantage of the PSN classics working on PSP too?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Oppenheimer wrote:If so, is it possible to transfer these games onto a PSP in order to take advantage of the PSN classics working on PSP too?
All PsOne classics are compatible with the PSP. Though I've never bought one so I have no idea how the saves work, except that they did something to make the PSP and PS3 saves compatible.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

I looked at the revision history. Someone indeed added Suikoden 2 on January 23. Here is that version of the page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =339552771

The addition was from an IP user, so you can't even email them to ask about their sources. While it would be great news if true, we really have no reason to believe this wasn't just some random person messing with us.
brightshieldrune

Thanks for checking the revision history for me, I suppose all we can do is wait and hope for it to be released. If anyone else hears any news please post.

As for the save games, all i know is that you can use your originals as long as it is the same region. I had a pal version of final fantasy on disc and saved the game to my ps3 and when i downloaded off the euro store the save game WAS compatible with the downloaded version. I tried the same with my U.S downloaded version but the save was not compatible due to the different regions.

The only problem there might be with suikoden 2 (if it gets released) is that whenever you save a game (psone classic), it creates it's own memory card slot one and two for each individual game, which might make it difficult to recognise suikoden one save data to transfer, anyway that discussion is for another time.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Note: The revision history is available on every article, at a tab near the top called 'history'
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Even so, ESRB has not rated Suikoden II for the PS3. As such it's not coming out till they have, no matter what Wikipedia says.
rickstilwell1

Post by rickstilwell1 »

Here we are a year later and we're still waiting on it. Does anyone know if Suikoden II is out on Japan's PSN yet? If it gets released there there might still be hope.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

rickstilwell1 wrote:Here we are a year later and we're still waiting on it. Does anyone know if Suikoden II is out on Japan's PSN yet? If it gets released there there might still be hope.
Nope, even Suikoden 1 isn't on the Japanese PSN.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Not entirely true. Suikoden I+II for the PSP is available as a digital download.

Putting up PS Classics of the exact same games would just interfer with sales for each other, not to mention be downright confusing.
Tonel

Post by Tonel »

This is one thing I sure hope Konami puts on PSN due to the rarity and not to mention price of the hardcopy, it would make sense having both on PSN but who's in control of what goes on PSN and what doesn't? This is what we have to ask ourselves.
We have an embarrassment of riches. Is there any way to make sense of it all?