Suikoden II coming to mobile phones

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
LanceHeart

Suikoden II coming to mobile phones

Post by LanceHeart »

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-6894 ... e-in-Japan

This is kinda disappointing... Yet another release I'm sure we won't get over here.
Formerly known as: Gothann
avenger

Re: Suikoden II coming to mobile phones

Post by avenger »

Japan gets everything don't they? Well, why on a phone thou? That's strange, but I suppose it will sell very well there.

So basically, there goes any chance for S2 to go to PSP..
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

S2 already is on PSP. This just means we'll never get it localized.

Then again, I don't really care for it. I'd rather be able to play through Suikoden 1 through 3 with working save transfers...
Formerly known as: Gothann
avenger

Post by avenger »

Yes what you say is correct and agreeable, however, as for myself, only playing S1 on psp is kinda boring and i'd like to play the next installment on psp. That way i'll have two landmark games that i can play either on psp or ps2.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

It's not exactly surprising though, the first Suikoden was released on mobile phones in Japan through a subscription service(if I am not mistaken). These tidbits will probably stay in Japan. Truth be told, I really have no desire to play a Suikoden game on a freaking mobile phone.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

It seems like they just like porting the game onto smaller and smaller screens, lol. I suppose the newer/fancier phones have screen about the size of a PSP or DS, but I certainly can't imagine playing the game on a normal phone.
avenger

Post by avenger »

Yeah, imagine press 8 to attack . Press 9 to use rune, press 9 # to choose what slot to use on a rune.

press 3 to walk
press 2 to talk
press 4 to oh what ever....

why bother having a PSP or a DS, if they're just going to make phone games? All this world wants is to make money and profit off you and me..
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

You really can't blame them for wanting to make money though. It's nice to see that Suikoden is getting exposure like this, I just wish they would concentrate its exposure outside of Japan for once. The more Suikoden products that come out, the better I say. It shows that the series is anything but dead.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Official site: http://www.konami.jp/products/appli_genso2/

With even SquareEnix are porting their flagship Final Fantasy titles to iPhones, this is a hardly surprising move on Konami's side, given the first game's debut on Japanese mobile phones earlier.

Let us see if the 3D titles would get similar treatment.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Well, I always wonder if it really pays out for a company like Konami to bring this game out on mobile phones. It's somehow liek Capcom doing weird mini-games based on BoF IV for cell-phones instead to just do a new game or something...

Well, but it is good to see that they don't forget the franchise completely.
avenger

Post by avenger »

Ok, I will agree with the fact that, Suikoden is getting recognition. Also, agreeing that game companies should spread out to other countries instead of JAPAN, JAPAN, JAPAN :roll: :roll: :!:

I hardly play any games at all, on the go. My game pleasure is at home on the screen or on a handheld system, aka PSP, DS. I believe that a cell phone is a phone and a way to message people, that's all. and I will stick to that.
iDima

Post by iDima »

Suikoden II series is one of the best applications for an iPhone. I am going to have this for my own satisfaction. I bet this is another great idea of Japan manufacturers.