Genso Suikoden I & II getting a Konami The Best re-release

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
LanceHeart

Genso Suikoden I & II getting a Konami The Best re-release

Post by LanceHeart »

Looks like this went under the radar for quite a few sites... I only recently saw this new entry at Play Asia and subsequently on GameFAQs:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9f- ... -3k6d.html
http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/data/930093.html

I don't even know when this thing was announced, but it's still good to know that a bit of a stock refill is coming soon.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Antimatzist

Re: Genso Suikoden I & II getting a Konami The Best re-release

Post by Antimatzist »

Well, they should now just announce an American release, that would be the best solution^^
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

With the PSP GO and Suikoden already on the PSN that's not gonna happen.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

While I'm inclined to agree with Raww, you never know.

Some games might actually stand a chance of being released over here now that the PSP Go is out and Sony is starting to accept far more PSN releases of PSP games. I honestly wouldn't say no to either Suikoden 2 coming out as a PSOne Classic or a PSP PSN release, though the former WOULD be more interesting for playing with Suikoden 3 (and allows for the PS3 to play the game).
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Doubtful that this will come to the states, there are several reasons why. I can't accurately tell you if those reasons are true or false; so I will not list them. It is good to see that it was reprinted once again for the PSP. Must mean that it sold somewhat well in Japan.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

So, the port's sales justified a The Best re-release, but not good enough for overseas release? How amusing.
FUUSUULUU

Post by FUUSUULUU »

If it isn't released in the US, it must be a Godwin plot!
So Sayeth the FUU.
EternalOnslaught

FUUSUULUU wrote:If it isn't released in the US, it must be a Godwin plot!
Must be! Those filthy Godwin devils!

Er..more seriously speaking, does anyone ACTUALLY know why Suikoden I and II were not released in the US? Just seeing that they got The Best re-release should tell Konami something. I know the first one is on the PSN, but nothing beats having the hard-copy of the game.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

EternalOnslaught wrote:

Er..more seriously speaking, does anyone ACTUALLY know why Suikoden I and II were not released in the US? Just seeing that they got The Best re-release should tell Konami something. I know the first one is on the PSN, but nothing beats having the hard-copy of the game.
Just because they're popular in Japan doesn't mean they'd sell in North America. Personally I think they would have a good chance to sell and gain Suikoden some new fans, but I can see why Konami might be hesitant.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

KoRnholio wrote:
EternalOnslaught wrote:

Just because they're popular in Japan doesn't mean they'd sell in North America. Personally I think they would have a good chance to sell and gain Suikoden some new fans, but I can see why Konami might be hesitant.
Seeing how people on ebay seem to try to get their hands on PSX copies of Suikoden I and II and how they even go as far and pay up to 50$/€ for just ONE game, I don't see any reason why they shouldn't release the PSP-Port in the USA, too.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Seeing how people on ebay seem to try to get their hands on PSX copies of Suikoden I and II and how they even go as far and pay up to 50$/€ for just ONE game, I don't see any reason why they shouldn't release the PSP-Port in the USA, too.
Just because a 100 people are willing to buy the game at $100 it doesn't mean that 10000 are willing to buy it for $30. You can't translate ebay numbers to actual sales numbers.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
EternalOnslaught

It isn't just ebay, when ever gamestop was still selling used PSX games; they had a copy of Suikoden II without the case or instruction booklet for $50, many other second hand shops have sold the game for about the same or more. I don't see how the risks outweigh the benefits if they were to release the PSP port to the states or even in any PAL regions.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
Just because a 100 people are willing to buy the game at $100 it doesn't mean that 10000 are willing to buy it for $30. You can't translate ebay numbers to actual sales numbers.
That's right, but I guess it would still be beneficial for Konami. I don't know if the costs of a PSP Port are really that high, but the first two Suikoden games have quite some reputation among gamers.

But it would be sufficient if Konami decided to release Suikoden II on the PSN, that would already please most gamers
Porom
Banned User

Post by Porom »

I'm guessing they don't just port Suikoden 1 and 2 because they would need to give both of them a proper retranslation, which they probably don't want the hassle of doing. :/
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

First Day Sales
http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=27277

[PSP] Suikoden I+II Best 620 10%

If there ever was proof for Konami that they don't need to do anything with this compilation, that's it.