the horror

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
crmnukem

the horror

Post by crmnukem »

I bought Suikoden II when I was in 10th grade from a friend for 5$, after playing it for 25 mins or so I fell in love with it and bought the first one. I owned all 5 at one point, low and behold I get back from overseas only to find out my Suikoden II is missing, and my first one locks up right at the Rose Castle battle. I get on Ebay to buy a new one thinking no big deal only to find people asking 150$ for copies of the game that aren't even in mint condition, after calling pure blasphemy on this matter I look at my issues of GameInformer I hadn't had time to read since getting back, only to find in classic GI they had list S II as a rare game..... I don't know who to be mad at, Ebay people trying to make a profit off an awesome game they should hold on to, or GameInformer for ruining any chance I had at indulging in S II ever again. I'm going to eat MRE's for a week and send G.I. the aftermath a month later in a brown paper bag :D
EternalOnslaught

Re: the horror

Post by EternalOnslaught »

crmnukem wrote:I bought Suikoden II when I was in 10th grade from a friend for 5$, after playing it for 25 mins or so I fell in love with it and bought the first one. I owned all 5 at one point, low and behold I get back from overseas only to find out my Suikoden II is missing, and my first one locks up right at the Rose Castle battle. I get on Ebay to buy a new one thinking no big deal only to find people asking 150$ for copies of the game that aren't even in mint condition, after calling pure blasphemy on this matter I look at my issues of GameInformer I hadn't had time to read since getting back, only to find in classic GI they had list S II as a rare game..... I don't know who to be mad at, Ebay people trying to make a profit off an awesome game they should hold on to, or GameInformer for ruining any chance I had at indulging in S II ever again. I'm going to eat MRE's for a week and send G.I. the aftermath a month later in a brown paper bag :D
You should blame both of them, I was in a similar situation as yours. The demand for the game and the greedy people on E-bay have driven the cost of Suikoden II ridiculously high. At one point you could hope and pray that Gamestop would get a copy, but that's before they stopped selling any games on a system before the PS2 era. You should probably check game stores that are locally owned, you can at times get a better deal on it than E-bay if they happen to have one, good luck though on getting another copy of Suikoden II.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

I don't know, I just went to ebay and it seems that the price is actually going down considerably for the people bidding on it, I saw a bid auction that had 12 hours left and the game was only at $60 something. I'm starting to wonder if the PSN is going to have Suikoden II on it soon.
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

The price can go up significantly in 12 hours, though. Most people wait until there is an hour or so left to bid, if not less. I had a bidding war on Suikoden II and the price went up about $30 or so in the last 10 minutes.
crmnukem

Post by crmnukem »

Fear not, I found the game packed away in an old tony hawk case... I just defeated Luca Blight
GrayMercury

Post by GrayMercury »

My roommate, Nathan, went into a game store and walked out with a copy of Suikoden II for free because they didn't have the case for it. If they had, he would have had to pay $35. So, keep checking your local stores, you might get lucky. I know that one of them around where i live was selling a copy for $90.
"Master, Violence is Wrong." - - Dongo (SV)