Did anyone ACTUALY play Suikoden 4?

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Zellion_of_Nay

Did anyone ACTUALY play Suikoden 4?

Post by Zellion_of_Nay »

its kinda hard to use the walkthrough when it was done by a person who used a turbo cheat to boost his party to level 99(If you didn't do that I am sorry if such Offended you and if you did you are a DIRTY CHEATING GODWIN DEVIL!!!) honestly I am at the giant tree with Lazlo, Paula, Keneth and Ted. All at level 55 and would atleast like some estimate as to what level will suffice to slay that abomination, theres gotta be someone with a decent sense of Tactics in their noggin out there. So lend a fella a hand here?

P.s. Theres no strategy or tact involved when your hero is so beef'd up he is more or less being donated potch & Exp instead of earning it.
Runemaster

Re: Did anyone ACTUALY play Suikoden 4?

Post by Runemaster »

Uhh.. I don't think it's a cheat. Training at Reinhold's Training Hall at the 5th floor of the ship surely boost you up to lvl.99.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

Don't exaggerate, of course someone here ACTUALLY played the game

and need i remind you tat you are just leeching of somebody's work by using his/her guide

unless you employed tat writer, you don't, by any means, have the right to bad mouth that person

about the strategy,

most 1h swordsman awfully sucks in SIV as well as in tactics

if i remember correctly my team for the tree was Snowe Ted and Mitsuba or Selma if you want more healers

Snowe was equipped with the Fury and double strike, i just read that on some Walkthrough so you go search on that

Mitsuba was pretty much the same, if you want Selma with Water or Flowing will be able to do healing rain from time to time

Ted and Lazlo are magic offensives, Ted doubles as main healer as he is adept with water

and Lazlo unites with Snowe (it pays to unlock and lvl your unites)

but if you persist with your team of Ted, Paula and Kenneth, we better hear more details from you

stop squealing about a single walkthrough when theres plenty more out there

go to gamefaqs.com for more walkthroughs and faqs
Zellion_of_Nay

Post by Zellion_of_Nay »

I might not have been in the right state of mind when writting this, For that I apologeize and pray to be forgiven by those who have taken offense by my inexcusable rantings.

(as for the level 99 thing I was not aware you get catapaulted with Exp in the training hall but I was reffering to the squire/kolouk guard turbo cheat)
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

sure I've played it. Three times, actually.

or was it four. . .well, I do know that 6 of those times I got to a certain part of the game and just started over just because.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

How is this related to the running of this website?

I'll move it to the Suikoden IV section.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

The Giant Tree is the most predictable boss in the entire Suikoden series as you can pretty much tell what it's going to do based on its color.

So when it turns white, guard or block for your life.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I have over 130 hours in a single file (my PS2 isn't hooked up, so idk the exact amount) and I also have multiple files for this game. So yeah...I've played it a bit. :P
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

I used Lazlo, Snowe, Kika and Ted. And it is easy to avoid his most powerful attack, just make sure you have the rush gauge filled up when entering the battle and when the giant tree color is white, use rush. Skip the enemies turn and revert back to an elemental color, the tree was dead before it was white again.

I believe I clocked in around 80+ hours.
Last edited by EternalOnslaught on Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Yeah....I have a crapton of hours in that one since I'm trying to make it a completion file. It's at the point just before the point of no return so everything is available. By completion I mean, full sets of items (furniture mainly), everyone lv. 99 with armor sets and weapons fully sharpened, all treasure maps with treasure dug up....everything.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

MatildaWhiteKnightLeader wrote:The Giant Tree is the most predictable boss in the entire Suikoden series as you can pretty much tell what it's going to do based on its color.

So when it turns white, guard or block for your life.
i only played SIV once

i focused on completing the SoD and didn't paid attention to the walkthrough

i didn't know anything about the final boss

and when it used that strongest attack

the only one left standing was Ted, who delivered the finishing blow

it's quite epic ^_^ (i'm in a sharing mood)
Ness the Mess

Post by Ness the Mess »

I just beat it with a substandard party and substandard equipment. My characters were all level 59 (completely leveling from random encounters) and I did the bulk of my damage from Snowe/Hero combo attacks. At lvl 15 weapons they were doing 1200 damage a round. As long as you remember to Rush when the tree is White you should be fine.
Lino84

Post by Lino84 »

I don't know where I heard It but when It comes to this boss "The bigger they are, the longer it takes for them to die."
that should give you a jist of how easy to is to kill,

My charactors where in there low 50s when I beat the game, he can't be that tough, Because I not that good
#1 Paper Clips Trombones n 1 Sujetapapeles No. 1
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

My answer to the question is yes. yw!