Giant Tree

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Mio
Banned User

Re: Giant Tree

Post by Mio »

Antimatzist wrote:So what? Quite a good idea to break the rule, I think. The tree is from another dimension and the offspring of all Rune Cannons. And that's it.
well, if we were to accept facts as we see it...

there'll be no point to each theory and speculation now won't it?

i think there's nothing wrong in exploring the possibilities for quite a bit
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

But there are no other possibilities, except for saying that all the True Runes origin from another dimension and that would connect the True Rune Bosses with the Giant Tree.

Why do people always want to speculate so much? This starts to annoy me Oo
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

so you say

hmm perhaps you're right

perhaps you're right that a Giant Tree from another dimension just happen to have enormous RUNE power

and that it is entirely impossible to link such great runic power to True Runes who happen to be the manifestation of great powers

thus breaking the pattern which is as you said , a breath of fresh air

indeed let us stop speculating and be as stale as leftover bread crumbs in a coffee table
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Can you give more clues that the Giant tree is connected to True Runes other than it's big power? From what I've heard, True Runes cannot be summoned. They exist since the beginning/creation of the world. 27 of them. Not more, not less. So they cannot be summoned. That are the cons. Your pros?

And I don't have anything against speculating, but it's starting to become ridiculous sometimes...
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

i thought we've established that there are no other possibilities

how come you're exploring the facts now?

well from what i've seen Leon unleashed a monster from the True Beast Rune

whats teh difference between unleashing a power from a rune and transporting it across dimensions

teh Sindarin Ghost Ship took the soul eater away from the suiko world right?

ergo we are not adding another True Rune, we're recognizing one (theoretically)

these speculations are not set on stone

i was merely opening my mind to the possibility that there can be some connections between that tree and the true runes

as it was observed that most final bosses are True Runes manifestations

mayhaps ridiculous to you but justified to me
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

The Giant Tree be may connected to a true rune. But there isn't much information to back it up . Maybe Konami originally planned for us to fight the embodiment of the RoP, but needed an explanation for why runecannons didn't exist in the other installments. Also, the golden hydra wasn't exactly like the final bosses in S2, S3 and S5. I had always believe it was one of the abilities of Barbarossa true rune. If this is true then it has happen twice.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

EternalOnslaught wrote:The Giant Tree be may connected to a true rune. But there isn't much information to back it up .
There's a huge difference between "isn't much" and "none whatsoever".
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
EternalOnslaught

There shouldn't be any more speculation about this then, I really believe that they told pretty much everything there is need to know in Suikoden Tactice about the Giant Tree.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

EternalOnslaught wrote:There shouldn't be any more speculation about this then, I really believe that they told pretty much everything there is need to know in Suikoden Tactice about the Giant Tree.
That's hardly true, there is always unanswered questions. What I want to know is, if there were so many seeds, why wasn't there more than one tree?
EternalOnslaught

Maybe there is, maybe that tree is one in million that are in the World of Emptiness.

But I don't know, not enough facts. Only thing I know is that the Giant Tree doesn't seem connected to a true rune at all.
vanyelvor

Post by vanyelvor »

my idea for s4 is supposedly the first game before the other runes where known or have been found by people (maybe) so if they have something different i can see why
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

EternalOnslaught wrote:Maybe there is, maybe that tree is one in million that are in the World of Emptiness.

But I don't know, not enough facts. Only thing I know is that the Giant Tree doesn't seem connected to a true rune at all.
with the only thing that you DO know, you don't seem too sure about it though

a reason perhaps?
hotspot

Post by hotspot »

My guess is that the giant tree is related to the 5 elemental true runes, i mean rune cannons were either made of the fire rune, lightning, wind, water and or earth runes, and since the tree made rune cannon ammunition. The giant tree also changes the colors of itself based on the five elemental colors of the elemental runes, and i don't remember but i think it also had elemental attacks. I remember that it also changed white, that itself may have been based on the ressurection or possibly the souleater rune the Rune of Life and death.
"Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie..."~ Shu

Suiko-Kya-Cross
Forum about the Suikoden, Kya Dark Lineage and the Chrono games.
○♦•¤Suiko-Kya-Cross○♦•¤
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

ah yes, there is an inkling of reason if you do try to corelate the 5 elements of the rune cannons with the true runes

if mere seeds of the Giant tree possesses such power

it's quite reasonable to think that the Giant Tree's runic power levels with True Rune correct?

but then again, we've concluded that the tree is in fact of no relation to True Runes

pity though, there's much avenues to be exhausted -sigh-