Making crappy characters good

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Black knight overlord

Making crappy characters good

Post by Black knight overlord »

first off, i wanted to make some seemingly useless characters in to killing machines. if anyone has any suggestions it would be helpful.

for now how about....Ornan with Robe of the dead(not sure if he can wear it but i dont see why not, auto-firefly to a Waking rune character plus boosts all stats alot)

I need more ideas....
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Making crappy characters good

Post by KFCrispy »

considering rune slots are defined by MAG stat in this game and there is no battle skills system and not even "range" or formation stuff and nothing close to dynamic attacks like multi-strike or continuous attack, it is very difficult to stray from how good your stats and unites define you to be. there are some elemental affinities, so magic users are better with certain elemental magic than others, but that's pretty much it. for fighters, you only get a few ways of improving them, but it's all the same way: through the available rune slots or weapon runes. whoever has higher MAG can equip more runes and therefore can do more damage.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Also make judicious use of the training hall. It is a wonderful thing and will help you immensely.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i am finding counter-attacks to be pretty useful in this game. characters with high EVA will dodge often, and i think SKL determines counter-rate. you can further the effect by some equipment-- Red Loincloth and Robe of the Dead get enemies to target the character, and things like Mercury Boots boost evasion, while Counter Rings (not sure if multiple Counter Rings have a stack effect) boost your counter rate. if you don't care to use the targeting effect, there are some other equipment and sets that boost evasion.. Phantasmal Coat, Wing Set, and Bondage Set have significant effects.