Wizard Rune and Spell Growth

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
rhombus

Wizard Rune and Spell Growth

Post by rhombus »

So, I threw wizard runes on a few of my good-but-not-great MAG stat characters hoping to give them alot more spells, and much to my chagrin, though the magic stat increased, they got no new spell points, despite being well over the thresholds for more spells. The characters I gave to went from ~110 mag to ~160 mag, which should have been a significant increase in spells, but they got nothing. Is this just the way it works in S4? If so, what's the point of wizard runes?
Erk in danger!
Stallion

Re: Wizard Rune and Spell Growth

Post by Stallion »

Wizard runes and armors that boost MAG and anything that artificially increases a holder's MAG stat will not increase the number of spells that character is able to cast.

What is the point then? I does make them do more damage with the spells they have, since their MAG stat is higher.
Stallion... aka Falcon Critical.
rhombus

Post by rhombus »

Hm... I could have sworn it gave more spells in S3... I know that the increased mag affects damage, but I find that the differences between high and really high mag aren't huge in that regard, more spells is definitely a bigger plus. Oh well. Thanks.
Erk in danger!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

no the only game where temporary MAG boosts increase your spell count is Suikoden V.